NEWS: Rackham June Releases

NEW RELEASES

June 2006 French new releases : delivered on May 31st ! Preorder now !

CADWALLON, Players Book + Game Master's screen

FRCAD01copie.jpg

(oh my...once again Paul Bonner shows why he is the best painter in this business IMO)

CADWALLON Game Master's screen

FRCAD02_1.jpg

Darkness Apostates

FROPBO01_3.jpg

(Oh...my...GOD...must...have...!!!)

Baal the Conqueror, Second Incarnation

FRBACH07_1.jpg

Maelÿn, cynwäll initiate

FRCYMA02_1.jpg

Despot's Collector 2

FRNMMG02_1.jpg

Master of the Puppets 2

FRNMGM02_1.jpg

Kolghor

FRORCH05_1.jpg

(What a LOVELY frog :D)

Samûra 1

FRGBEL04_1.jpg

Samûra 2

FRGBEL05_1.jpg

For me Rackham finally is bringing out some figs I like again (got rather critical to be honest). I really would like to paint up Maelÿn. The centaur is the best so for of the new ones. Mainly due to the fact that the dumb chin horn can be converted easily in this one and it doesn't look covered in chopped of heads.

The orc I like to but I that's mostly due to me liking the little frog as detail.

The others don't intrest me to much. The goblins are to covered in all kinds of stuff for my taste. Despot's Collector 2's teeth look a bit wierd to me. I would have prefered him with an upperlip instead of them growing from the bone underneath his nose. Looks anatomically wierd to me. Is he skinned there? And where does the no skin start?

Master of the Puppets 2 has the bad luck of belonging to a fraction I never much cared about, so he's no exception.

While I can't deny the obvious talent Rackham has, I just haven't become a big fan. Not sure why, and I certainly appreciate the high level they produce at. But it is very rare that a Rackham mini just screams to me "buy me"!

pretty much exactly my thoughts as well

While I can't deny the obvious talent Rackham has, I just haven't become a big fan. Not sure why, and I certainly appreciate the high level they produce at. But it is very rare that a Rackham mini just screams to me "buy me"!

Well they (atleast used to) scream buy me buy me to me very hard (my wallet hates them), but somehow they only whisper paint me... if they speak up at all. Wierd that. So I mostly written them off as painting inspiration and learning stuff... but that excuse is fading as my style is nowhere near Rackham, not do I pretent or aim it to be at all.

Now that surprises me a bit Eric. With your great attention to detail and beautiful style of paint, I would think Rackham would really get your attention....

Have you ever painted any of them?

haven't painting any in about 3 years, and back then I was mostly drybrushing :)

I don't know what it is, just I don't feel drawn to paint any of them at all