NEWS: AT-43, sci-fi game from Rackham

Ritual

Sweet!! I remember hearing about that game so long ago that I figured it got shelved.

AT-43 I thought meant 'alternate technology-43 (like in 1943)...So Alternate ww2!! Wheeee!

Honestly, I've never been into anything Rackham does, other than just appreciate the fine job, but this may just change all that.

Bland? BLAND??!!

Just because they're not dripping with chuffing filligree :D I reckon those bots look quality. Lots of scope for monstrous freehand and painted damage. I reckon the line is gonna kick some arse. Nice bases too.

Glad to see they have kept the hardware minimal and functional looking, not like the tat GW knocks out, all covered in knobs and whistles.

This is obviously only one faction as well. Can't wait to see what else crops up. :D

I think the mech things actually DO have lots of character and, as Scott pointed out, they have large empty surfaces that leave a lot of room for the painter to do creative stuff on! I'm not sure I will get any of these since I'm not really into this type of minis, but if I ever change my mind about that these are probably the ones I will be getting.

I wonder why our modern soldiers don't wear huge honking boxes on their shoulders. Judging by minis, all future armies will for some reason.

Okay, sarcasm over, I don't care for the individual soldiers (other than the quality of the sculpts of course). They just don't do anything for me.

On the other hand I really like the mecha things - very original twist on an old concept.

Yep, I'm with Art and Green Stuff on this one.

Oh - and look, another round slotted base. We need more of those. rolleyes.gif

I do like the armament on the big mech-thing. Ideal design would include modular mounts to swap weapon types.

===

edit: Why do I always end up at the top of the second page?