Creating a 50 ss list for M3E from my M2E models

Wakkaah

Hi everyone!

I used to play Malifaux during the 2e and  haven't returned to the game for some time. Now the  3e is released and I wonder if I can create a list that makes sense with the models I have. Looking forward to all your thoughts and ideas.

Also feel free to suggest models that I should buy to expand my forces into something good and fun for 3e.

Extra question: Are Keywords more important now than in 2e or is it the same?

Below is my list of owned models:

Lilith (I know she is gone from the Official 3e. RIP my favorite).

Barbaros

Malifaux Cherub

3 Terror Tots

Nekima

Mr. Graves

Doppelganger

2 Bloodwretch

Scion of black blood

Angel eyes 

Pandora

Candy

Poltergeist

Baby Kade

3 Sorrows

Mr. Graves is no longer usable in Neverborn, as Jakob Lynch now strictly serves the 10 Thunders.

Candy is one of the best models in the game, and is great in every single Neverborn list, even if you were to take a different master in the faction like Nekima.

Angel Eyes just got a revamp, and is really powerful.  However, being Neverborn, she is kind of the odd one out as the entire faction prefers close combat.  The Doppleganger can mimic her actions for some decent Firepower.  Do you have access to Tuco as well?  He is also quite good as harassing and scheming.

I think you can make a playable list with what you have, it will just have some holes in it.  I am just not familiar enough with Nekima or Pandora to really comment on anything else.

Barbaros is unusual in that he jumped ship from the Neverborn to Outcasts when Nekima overthrew Lilith.  He is a shockingly powerful Henchmen, as if you take him as a Master you get the Outcast versatile models, and access to the Nephilim and new Returned Keywords.

While Lilith is taking a nap this edition, I don't think most people would mind if you used her as a master.  As far as the DMH Master's go, she has the least issues from a balancing standpoint.  The DMH masters aren't subject to the Errata cycle, and can be quite overtuned when compared to other masters.

Welcome back. Keywords are a much bigger thing this edition, almost being a mini faction. 

When you hire a Crew you can hire models that share a keyword with your leader, and models that match your faction and are versatile,  and models that just match your faction at 1 ss more. 

With what you have the obvious crew would be a Pandora one, using candy, Kade and sorrows and then a mixture of doppelganger, angel eyes, the scion of black blood ( Maurice) and blood wretches to make points/customise for the mission. 

Your other leader options are Nekima,  lilith and Barabos but you would want to get young nephlim and mature nephlim really. 

I would suggest getting a few games with what you have got before you go for buying new stuff as you probably want to decide what keyword you want to focus on. 

@Brilliance Laced Whiskey

Thanks for the feedback! Pity with Graves. I really liked him!

My dad has a gang of Outcast minis that I have been painting, I guess I could always borrow some of them and try running som Barbaros too.

@Adran
Thank you! I have been longing so much for more Malifaux but life didn't allow it for some time. :P (Read too many kids getting born in a short time span).

Nice with a clarification of the keyword. I understand how important it is now!

I've sketched on a few Pandora lists now and I think I could have a few variants that would still be fun to play in a friendly game.

As you say, if I go for Nekima I definitely want/need some young and mature nephilim! Is there anything more you would get for flexibility in Nekima games?

5 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

Thought I'd just point out that if you want to play a crew led by Nekima, you'll find that you're missing her totem (new in M3E), and missing out on a free model when hiring.

Yeah, I saw that. Guess I gotta get the Nekima box with another Nekima if I want her totem right? I'll think about it. I have the alt version so maybe one more Nekima to paint could be fun.

13 hours ago, Wakkaah said:

Yeah, I saw that. Guess I gotta get the Nekima box with another Nekima if I want her totem right? I'll think about it. I have the alt version so maybe one more Nekima to paint could be fun.

You could always make a conversion/proxy. I made one out of a wild boar at the beginning of 3E. But you'll probably want more nephilim in a Nekima crew anyway. They're a quite keyword oriented lot.