Waldo's Weekly - Like a Bump on a Log

Hobby Wyrd

Hey Wyrdos!

This week, Waldo learned that while everyone celebrates Wednesdays with Waldo’s Weekly, there are many people who also include frogs in the merriment. He took to the Internet and came up with this meme for the occasion. He has asked us to ensure everyone who sees it knows they can use it to share not only the glorious Wednesday, but also the mug of one half of a new dynamic duo.

WW_8.16.2023_Hopscotch.jpg

While this frog’s face is handsome as can be, the sharp-eyed among you might’ve noticed a different amphibian with a curious passenger in Wyrd’s booth at Gen Con. Let’s take a look at his official artwork!

WW_8.16.2023_Hoochdini.jpg

Nothing crazy ever happened from lobbing jars of mysterious liquid from atop a rowdy frog… right?

That’s all for this week, Wyrdos. What do you think about these curious individuals?

• Like 2

• Hobby Wyrd changed the title to Waldo's Weekly - Like a Bump on a Log

Let the rampant speculations begin...are we looking at a new bayou master, the master of races? Or more likely are we getting a gander at the jocky for the Clampetts?

I would say he doesn't fit their shtick, but he has a certain dapper flare that matches the artillery gremlin with his bowler and tail coat.

Either way, looking forward to getting my gremlin loving hands on that model!

Visual design feels leader like, he has a lot going on. That said I feel he can't be a leader as he visually feels like he fits into too many existing gremlin keywords. Plenty of booze, that's tri-chi. Magical shenanigans, that's Wizzbang. The amphibious mount is suggestive of Angler and/or Jockey.

On 8/16/2023 at 1:28 PM, TimH said:

Visual design feels leader like, he has a lot going on. That said I feel he can't be a leader as he visually feels like he fits into too many existing gremlin keywords. Plenty of booze, that's tri-chi. Magical shenanigans, that's Wizzbang. The amphibious mount is suggestive of Angler and/or Jockey.

Keyword features he looks like he has: (some of these are stretches :)

Top Hat -> Big Hat

Voodoo Frog Skellie on hat -> Swampfiend

Fancy Moustache -> Wizz Bang

Hooch Jars -> Tri Chi

Amphibious/Frog Mount -> Angler/Swampfiend

Mount of any kind -> Jockey

Just missing: Infamous, Kin, Tricksy, Sooey/Pig