Athoraks wardstone markers

kingmarkov

Question

5 answers to this question

I don't think you can as long as the object is the same size as the ward markers . The area between (p32) draws lines from the outside of the ward markers. 

I think that means that at least 1 edge of the ice pillar has to be inside the area that you can't draw los to, and so either you can't draw los to the pillar to use ( which is needed), or you can't draw los from the pillar out the other side. 

But I'm certainly not 100% sure. 

By the same principle that you can draw line of sight to the edge of a marker perfectly overlapped by a model of the same size without the blocking rule applying:

Any sight lines that cross over a model’s base might be blocked, depending upon that model’s Size (see “Line of Sight and Size,” pg. 17).

if the edge of the marker is placed on the edge of the zone, you’ll have a point that you can draw line of sight to without going “through” the zone.  Because all of the markers involved are the same size, that would let you have two points on the opposite flat sides of the zone, or a hemisphere if you placed perfectly overlapping the defining markers.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Guys, dumb question I'm sure - what are the properties of Athorak's wardstones? No details are given on his card, maybe a wardstone is a general terrain type defined somewhere else I didn't see?

From the above discussion, and marker merchants, it seems they are 30mm.

What is their height and that of the effect? Can they protect ht4 Kastore2 for e.g.

Are they destructible? Impassable? Do they provide cover shadow?

TY

If a marker is given no information on size then it is  30mm as a default.

If it has no traits it doesn't count as terrain.  So no cover, no height, no shadow, no movement restrictions and so forth. 

It's covered in the markers section of the rules.  

• Thanks 1