How do you feel about the crews/leaders that got nerfed in the November errata now that time has passed?

Harouxin

There were quite alot of nerfs in it. I saw some people say that it was to much on some of the models. Has anyone playtested some of the changes and have any thoughts on them?

I personally am specifically interested in Maxine 2, Lady Justice 2, and Tara 2 in general.

Maxine 2 got quite alot of bite taken out of the offensive capabilities of the model, I expected the heal nerf but no longer hitting WP hurts alot with her synergy with Harata granted he's still good. Not only that, it now has 1 lower of a stat and no longer gives injured. Do you still find her to be an acceptable brawler or is it just back to Maxine 1?

Lady Justice I'm not going to go into to deep, there's a little to much to cover but I still think its good even though she's overall less insane.

Tara 2, technically she wasn't nerfed but everyone knows that the 33 nerf hurt her alot. I feel like tara 1 is just overall better now without the gimmick. Tara 2 I think is very cool but coolness can't really beat out having more activations. Also I feel her role is covered by having Aionus who I love.

• 1 month later...

Those ‘nerfs’ were well deserved, making those models playable. E.g. I loved Pandora Tyrant-Torn, as she made Pandora and not just the Woe crew fun to play, and now that she’s brought more in line with the rest of the game, It doesn’t need to be a bad experience  

Sadly, some went scott-free, like Perdita, and sadder still, the madness have hit, which skews the whole balance issue once again. 

I’ve no idea, why Wyrd bother with these nerfs, as it seems they’ve adopted a GW sales strategy of pumping out vastly overpowered stuff to let it reign the tabletops for a year before being put in line to get beaten by the next wave. 

We’ve seen it with Explorers, Burns and Madness now, so chucking it up to too little testing is naive at best. 

-

The worst part is that it is a poor tactic. Wyrd can’t get stock on shelves, let alone the new stuff. Then launching these wildly imbalanced crews only leads to poor game experiences, which does make it ring false, when you try to sell it, as the best and most balanced mini game out there.

They might as well spare players like you the negative experience of seeing your models nerfed. Then bring back original masters, like Dreamer to the game to open the playing field to this new meta - simply just give a rat’s arse about the balance issues and devote their energy to developing new, cool stuff. 

-

I really like Malifaux and our local meta. I’ve got 21 crews of lovely models to prove it, but I’m seriously considering jumping back into Infinity until M4e drops. 

• Agree 5
  • Respectfully Disagree 2

Despite what a lot of people might say, I feel like most of the nerfs were very well deserved. 

It is hard to look at a nerfed master without comparing them to their previous state. Especially when their nerfs seem quite dramatic like for example Nexus 2. But looking at them as an entirely new master I do feel like most of them are still very interesting. 

I actually feel like the game without Madness is the best balance we have ever seen in Malifaux. 

On 2/6/2023 at 6:50 AM, Harouxin said:

There were quite alot of nerfs in it. I saw some people say that it was to much on some of the models. Has anyone playtested some of the changes and have any thoughts on them?

I personally am specifically interested in Maxine 2, Lady Justice 2, and Tara 2 in general.

Maxine 2 got quite alot of bite taken out of the offensive capabilities of the model, I expected the heal nerf but no longer hitting WP hurts alot with her synergy with Harata granted he's still good. Not only that, it now has 1 lower of a stat and no longer gives injured. Do you still find her to be an acceptable brawler or is it just back to Maxine 1?

Lady Justice I'm not going to go into to deep, there's a little to much to cover but I still think its good even though she's overall less insane.

Tara 2, technically she wasn't nerfed but everyone knows that the 33 nerf hurt her alot. I feel like tara 1 is just overall better now without the gimmick. Tara 2 I think is very cool but coolness can't really beat out having more activations. Also I feel her role is covered by having Aionus who I love.

some changes were fine, but mostly wyrd doesnt care abt game balance-they dont nerf old broken stuff, dont nerf well other stuff(like levi, kirai2, lj2-they become better/on the same lvl), they make errata 2 times per year(not 1 per month f.e. people now must face koji+shen, lohith aura, yannik still and others)

they have off discord channel-why not add online faq there?

they have app-why not balance all stuff there more often than 2 times/year?

also people still need to find some stuff in faq(like face in the crowd doesnt give cover while u are not within 1" of other model and other same stuff), not in the app, but why? why not change all cards with this ability in the app? it makes game harder to understand for new players

i like malifaux, but im upset with all this stuff