How do you shine?

Regelridderen

Finally gave up my resistance and picked up the Honeypot. Looking forward to painting them, but after that... then what?

-

What's your favourite way to play the TT drug dealer?

What cool synergies should I look for? 

What are your stable inclusions? And for what situations do you use the rest? 

And what about OOK and Versatile?

-

Arrigatou!

I was waiting for someone to answer this other than me, as I haven't played Lynch in a year, and had a lot of difficulty getting it to work. What I have found:

• Don't bank heavily on Brilliance. It's a neat addition, but you could easily fall into the trap of spending the first 2-3 turns trying to load up the enemy and end up losing the game. 
  • Kitty is deceptively good. She ends up having to play a lot of roles at once so you have to be careful. She is your best scheme runner, she can manipulate the battlefield, and her damage is reasonably consistent.
  • Illuminated are your primary, reliable damage dealers. IMHO, you should run at least 2 in every list, and this is one of few models I would support running 3x. 
  • Beckoners are great as I like Lure. I use it to move my slower models up the board faster turn 1, then try to move things to where I want them on later turns. They are also great at tying up more-expensive models on later turns.
  • The keyword does lack mobility, so I like Wanyudo or the Dawn Serpent to supplement scheme running as needed.
  • I think Lynch2 is better than Lynch1.

For models not listed, I'm either not a fan of (Gwyneth for 9 pts seemed overpriced for what you get) or I haven't had an interest to use. And overall, I lost most of my games...

• Thanks 1

Kitty has always been my star player.  She doesn't look flashy glancing at the card, but I've eked out many wins solely because her.  I get her to dump brilliance all over my models at the start of the first turn of the game.  I rig the deck in the process, and make all my models fail will power checks with all the bad cards I have.  Usually at the end of the first turn I got a fancy card hand to abuse.  Then she runs free to harass and scheme as needed.

For whatever reason, many of my opponents are wary and hesitate to approach Huggy, even when their models could shred him.  It's made him a good area denier, and shockingly good last minute schemer when needed.

Mr. Tannen is the best hidden martyr you could ask for.  He can, and will die.  And while he is alive your opponents will despise every second of it.

Lynch 2's Huggy is just stupid good.  And fun (for you).

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So I just had my first Honeypot game, and they were AWESOME!!!

-

Mr. Graves - I understand, why he’s less popular, but he did good as a door stop, holding the opposition back, while spilling black blood all over them. And shoving people around is neat.

Mr. Tannen - I see the potential, but unfortunately I was under so much pressure, that I couldn’t activate him early. He died a martyrs death, perfect.

Illuminated - Oooooh boy, these guys are amazing. Those shockwaves drained all my opponents resources.

Beckoners - I summoned one, and the Lure… oh the Lure…

Kitty - scored me two strat and two breakthrough points. Couldn’t ask for more.

Gwyneth - You wouldn’t guess that she’s a beater looking at the model, but darn!

Huggy - was a discrete influence, but having a +flip obey with masks built in and illuminated is a 24” reach. I’m sure it can do more, but I didn’t need it. Keeping it so far back allowed me the second martyr point.

Jacob Lynch - neither discreet nor subtle. Just ruthless efficiency. Each round his gang dished out enough brilliance and damage to a model, only for Lynch to sweep in with a severe for five damage and a new minion. 

I brought Lone Sammie as a special guest - and he had a glorious round three, first hitting with a focused attack and black jokering then following up with 7 damage. Another great addition.

-

Rig The Deck was an amazing ability, in my first three rounds my hands were weak with a single severe, yet rigging the deck made it work. Combined with the abundant low TNs you can really curate a hand.

I need to figure out the anti-cheat auras better. They were instrumentsl to my victory.

-

All in all, this is a crew I look forward to playing some more.

• Like 2

Here’s another question for the Lynch mob.

I heard some like to exploit the Distraction aura of the Kabuki warriors, and I took that as an excuse to paint a couple 😉 But I’m struggling to fit them in?

It’s cool that you can force your attacks, shockwaves etc. through, but…

I’m thinking, I’d rather want another Illuminated to cause those Wp checks in the first place, I’d rather my opponent cheats to drain his resources for offensive cheating, and we’ve got so many anti-cheat auras that a Kabuki would ‘neuter’.

Greatswords are cool of course - but it’s not as if the Lynch mob lacks min3 beaters.

Lure is of course amazing - even at just a 5.

And Mv6 is nice, but the mob is fairly mobile.

-

So when/how do you use Kabukis?

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

For me, Kabukis are so cool I want to use them in virtually every crew.

And then they just don't quite cut it 😂

I want them to be as cool as Mature Neph but they aren't.

Exactly - I think, I’ll try to go all in on mobility next time and make a sexy bubble of death, like this :

Lynch, Huggy + 4 stones

Kitty

Gwyneth

2 Kabuki Warriors

2 Beckoners

That amount of Lure/Obey should make for a nuisance - and hopefully fill opponents with enough Brilliance to allow Lynch his summons 🫣

• 1 month later...

I just got my first game in with Jacob Lynch2. The list was:

• Hungering Darkness
  • Kitty
  • Lone Swordsman
  • Beckoner
  • Illuminated x3

vs Zipp, Curse Objects, Flank

The very killy Strategy and Schemes was pure luck, as I built this list ahead of time. The only update I made was adding in the Lone Swordsman in place of the Dawn Serpent. Zipp is very fast - I never really made it out of my deployment zone. That would have been a near auto-lose in a Scenario-based game, but as the majority of points were scored by killing things, I owned it outright. I had Gracie and Skeeter gone by first action top of 3, having only lost the Swordsman and the Beckoner (which scored me Hidden Martyrs). Using Kitty to add Brilliance all over my own models, notably Hungering Darkness, is phenomenal.

Looking forward to getting him back on the field! 

On 4/19/2023 at 5:20 PM, Regelridderen said:

I do like OG Lynch over the Dak Bet. Nothing beats thecsatisfacrion of turning a giant teddy into a demonic prostitute or junkie.

Thematically, I agree completely. In practice, I find OG Lynch very difficult to use well. Lynch2 is like playing on easy-mode by comparison. I've had the same experience with Youko1 v Youko2. Youko2 just opens up the game so much more for me, even though Youko1 is thematically much more fun.

I like teams that require a bit of set up to get the ball rolling, so I am a big fan of Jakob 1, even if I'm not all that good with him.  Stacking brilliance on the enemy, harassing them with auras, nuking them with succumb to darkness, is a fun puzzle to solve.  It can be really hard to get everything in place, but if you get Jakob firing on all cylinders it's a sight to behold.  Everything is slow, stunned, and people are exploding.

But man, triple action Huggy is just so much fun to use... it's hard to resist his brilliant charms.

• Like 1