Dr.Beebe heals Calypso from inside?

Sbaraff

Question

Hi guys!

Someone can help me clarify this interaction?

I have Dr.Beebe buried with "Belly of the Machine" inside a Calypso.

During Dr.Beebe's activation can i use his ability "Modified welder" to heal Calypso?

I guess yes.. Dr.Beebe can take this action while buried and is not targeting himself. He just take Los and range from Calypso and every model should be in Los and range of himself, right?

I think it's ok, but sounds little borderline..

Someone can give me a verdict?

Thank you so much!

3 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Sbaraff said:

I guess yes.. Dr.Beebe can take this action while buried and is not targeting himself. He just take Los and range from Calypso and every model should be in Los and range of himself, right?

Yes.  The current version of the sentence in the rules which explicitly states this is:

Models always have LoS to themselves (even while Buried) and always have LoS to any object or terrain they are in base contact with or overlapping

And every model is going to be within X" of itself unless it's buried.  (That's why the pilot upgrade card includes the ability specifying how to draw range and line of sight to the pilot for friendly models...)

In other words: Yes, Dr. Bebe can take the Modified Welder action and target the Calypso while he has the Pilot upgrade card attached.  

• Like 1