A couple of questions.

TeddyBear

Question

(i hope it is the right section)

- I was following for some time the question of schemes such as "hidden martyrs" and insignificant models, has a faq been released by chance? what is the official version? and in the case of a model that replaces an insignificant one?

- why are guild lawyers often out of the keyword? just for the obey? their ability to count as a model costing +2 to friendly models, is it only useful ( in keyword) for drawing cards? or is there something that maybe I don't know?

6 answers to this question

7 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

- why are guild lawyers often out of the keyword? just for the obey? their ability to count as a model costing +2 to friendly models, is it only useful ( in keyword) for drawing cards? or is there something that maybe I don't know?

I don't think Court Authority has any bearing outside of keyword. Some fringe cases with the Pale Rider, maybe?

But Tools for the Job and Obey make for a relatively robust ability to have your big hitters do more, and the Impassioned Defense is a fairly easy but quite strong protective element. And if you're already using Tools for the Mask, you get to do it twice. 

Df4 sucks, but if you've used the second Impassioned on yourself, and have a card in hand for Intimidating Authority, they can require significant resources to remove.

Outside the Guild Steward, there's not much that can slot in and be as adaptable in Guild (at least prior to Guild Mage), and sometimes you need a Minion for certain schemes or strats. 

TLDR- For the most part, they're a decent cheapish adaptable force multiplier, and can do quite a bit at a distance without costing much in the way of expendables (SS/cards).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

- I was following for some time the question of schemes such as "hidden martyrs" and insignificant models, has a faq been released by chance? what is the official version? and in the case of a model that replaces an insignificant one?

I don't understand this question. Coud you try to clairfy it - maybe with an example?

16 hours ago, diki said:

I don't understand this question. Coud you try to clairfy it - maybe with an example?

sure: simply, if a model in hidden martyrs is killed by an insignificant enemy, you still get a point, or since it is insignificant, the point is lost?

if one of the friendly models chosen can replace itself into an insignificant model, will the insignificant model still be valid for the scheme?

there have been several debates about it, but I don't know (maybe I didn't find them eh) if any official faq about it have been released.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

sure: simply, if a model in hidden martyrs is killed by an insignificant enemy, you still get a point, or since it is insignificant, the point is lost?

I think you ignore the insignifcant enemy and you can't score the reveal

19 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

if one of the friendly models chosen can replace itself into an insignificant model, will the insignificant model still be valid for the scheme?

I think Replace Step 4 (pg32) causes it to still be valid for the scheme (It's always considered a legal target for the scheme?! )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diki said:

I think Replace Step 4 (pg32) causes it to still be valid for the scheme (It's always considered a legal target for the scheme?! )

It’s a legal target for the scheme, but it’ll be ignored by it as well.  About the only relevance would be if the insignificant was temporary (does that still happen this edition?) or if the model replaces again later (extreme rat cycle?)...

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 3:32 PM, solkan said:

About the only relevance would be if the insignificant was temporary (does that still happen this edition?)

Myranda in an Arcanist marcus Crew could change into Jackalope, in Neverborn I think she can turn into bloodhunter*.

*I thought you would also need Nemika - but it isn't a summon or hiring so maybe she can always do it??