Waldo's Weekly - In Demon Days

Kyle

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, Waldo tried to apologize for locking us in the office with a small mountain of snow last week by scraping the ice off our cars (or so he said). But it’s been warm since then, so there was no ice to speak of. Nevertheless, Waldo was eager to take all the credit.

So, while we thank him for all his hard work, let’s take a look at an upcoming Commander for the Kimon in The Other Side: Takiyasha!

WW_1.26.2022_Takiyasha_Art.jpeg

There was a time before Takiyasha ruled the oni in the Beyond, but there are few who are still alive to remember, and those who remain now kneel to the self-proclaimed oni queen. The only way to survive the vast desolation of the Beyond is through brutality, and she has proven her might by watering the empty wastes with oni blood. Thanks to the tetsubo in her hand and the monstrous gamaouji at her side, Takiyasha’s status has grown to legend alongside names like Shuten-doji and Zhong Kui.

And it was Zhong Kui who came to her with a proposition. Why rule only the vast nothing of the Beyond when there were other worlds within arm’s reach? What is stopping the Kimon from claiming Earth as their plaything?

When a Gate opened and shone as brightly as a star in the sky or a premonition, she knew the answer: nothing.

WW_1.26.2022_Takiyasha_Card.jpeg

WW_1.26.2022_Takiyasha_AmberGate.jpeg

In battle, Takiyasha acts as a mobile, brute-force battering ram. She goes where she wants, regardless of the enemies in her path. Either they’ll run away from the giant demon lizard she rides, or they’ll fall victim to her massive tetsubo.

Takiyasha is an upcoming Commander for The Other Side, leading the way for the Kimon to take over Earth.

We’ll have more information about the Kimon and upcoming content for our large-scale wargame soon, but while we wait, why don’t we take a look at her awesome sculpt?

WW_1.26.2022_Takiyasha_Render.jpeg

That’s it from us. We’ll see you next week!

• Like 8

That's a fun concept and sculpt! Love the look of the demon lizard! Though I kinda do prefer the art's curved horns and the more flowy fabrics. But the mini does offer a lot of possibilities for creativity with the paintjob.

While I have the mic, @Kyle any chance of a juicy (rough is fine as well) ETA for GG3 and Malifaux errata?

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

That's a fun concept and sculpt! Love the look of the demon lizard! Though I kinda do prefer the art's curved horns and the more flowy fabrics. But the mini does offer a lot of possibilities for creativity with the paintjob.

Definitely agree the art looks much better than the render.

Also, if Amber Gate can't be attached during hiring, I wonder how it gets attached. Looks like it might a summoning allegiance...

I'm fine with the spikes and ribbons in the render, my personal gripe is that the art has the eye nice and wide open while the render it's sorta squinting. With some of the wonderful Malisaurus people have been painting up lately I would have loved to see the eye have the larger surface in the art so people had more room to work with for some cool lizard eye paint jobs.

Amber gate presumably connects to some element of the allegiance as it is Takiyasha exclusive but can't be attatched during hiring and there's no ability on her card for attatching it. Presumably Kimon units (maybe just commanders but who knows) gain gate upgrades for doing something. Maybe going to glory, maybe scoring a kill, maybe they just auto gain the gate on a specific turn number, who knows (wyrd and presumably anyone who is currently under a playtesting NDA that's who).

Kimon are really looking cool though, have some nice variety to the visual style of their units which will be nice for the Malifaux faction as so far each army has had a lot of units thatare internally quite visually similar. Strength of a lot of what we have seen so far will be super dependant on the factions glory mechanic though.