Errata 2022 - Neverborn

50 SS Enforcer

1 hour ago, Rabbitknight said:

A Thought I had about the Killjoy issue:
What about reworking the Ritual Upgrade so that the model gains a special attack that if that attack kills a model (friendly or enemy) it replaces the target model into Killjoy, then possibly restricting the upgrade so that it can only be carried by minions or enforcers depending on what the attack ends up being.

It takes away the "tax" on Killjoy and still encourages your opponent to kill Ritual holders, makes taking Killjoy a benefit to your crew rather than just a drain, and can be fine tuned with Range, Stat, damage track, and required suits if need be.

Honestly, I'd just rather the ability to take the Complete The Ritual action be added as a Demise ability.

Killjoy's been taken off the board? Put these critters in a position that they'll die (even if it's through Complete The Ritual), and you're forcing your opponents to have to kill them before they go after Killjoy.

Instead of just making sure you can take them out before they get a chance to activate.

If that's too much without a change, give it a cost, or a TN, or make it a defensive trigger as seen fit.

But the current implementation is a bit too wank to ever really matter. Gotta keep them alive, but close, and unactivated, and it just seems a bit naf.

12 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Could also just make it so they can just take an action to unbury killjoy.

I mean grave golem is easier to unbury and doesn't have to kill a model to do it, but he isn't breaking games.

Only problem I have there, is it just reinforces the "big beater" crews that tend to be an issue already.

Restricting it to Minions wouldn't matter in a faction that has 10SS minions.

That's why at least IMO it's best having it be on models that require dying, and are relatively fine with dying.