Lookin’ for help in beating up sum’ redneck gunslingers. (Results are in)

Regelridderen

With less than a handful of arcanist games under my belt, I’ve gotten myself involved in a league and I’m to face off vs. Ophelia - who I’ve never faced before. So I was wondering, if some of you creepy swampdwellers could give a few pointers in beating her up.

The game is this :

Break the line // Wedge

Breakthrough, Catch and Release, Let them bleed, Outflank, Bait and Switch.

And I’ve announced Colette. 

You would like to hire the Captain before any other models. Middle of the Storm is the best way to protect your models before engaging, and the Relic Hammer can pass through the keyword defense ability. Condition removal is also high on the list since the biggest damage of Kin does rely Burning on your model.

And you would want to play Colette 2 over 1. Since Ophelia has a Mv attack that gives out Stunned.

As for the schemes, your opponent probably would pick Breakthrough and Let Them Bleed. So you can plan ahead for it.

• Like 1

Some excellent advice from Rufess. The Captain indeed looks like a designer wondered how they could maximally screw over the Kin :P Though even with the Captain, a straight up brawl us probably a bad idea but rather focus on scoring while avoiding direct confrontation and attacking on your own terms. Luckily that's often the Colette way anyway.

When you see the terrain, it's worth taking a look at it from Rami's perspective. He's a very powerful piece with a giant threat bubble and if you can deny him optimal firing lines, that's always good.

As a general thing, you can often get activation advantage against Ophelia by taking out Young LaCroix who haven't activated yet. They are super squishy while providing good movement so removing them is usually a good idea in any case. Especially nice if you can take them out through Blasts or such.

• Like 1

They are quite straight forward that I don't think there is any "gotcha" you cannot read from their cards before the game. The most surprising moments my opponents had were almost when I tell them Ophelia can do 3/5/6 damage with Tar Bomb, plus maybe recently when Rami shooting with Clean-Up Duty at 22" ignoring LoS.

• Thanks 1

The results are in. The crews were :

Colette + doves

Baritone Lola

Carlos

Captain

2 Spider Swarms w. Diesel Engine

Schemes : Outflank, Breakthrough

vs

Ophelia Overloaded + young lacroix

Francois + coffee

Merris

Sly

Raphael + Coffee

Rami

Raider

Schemes : Outflank, Let

How it went down :

The Performers took the initiative, kicking two cans turn 1. But the sneaky gobbos had set up an ambush on the right flank as Raphael hit Carlos with a tar bomb, and only survived due to eating three stones. Merris joined in on the ambush, but didn’t take into account how fast those spider swarms were, and she got ripped apart. Carlos and the swarm held on through round four killing Rami and a young lacroix, before Raphael put a stop to it. The right flank melee resulted in one point to the performers for a kicked can, and ruined both our attempts for outflank.

Colette took center stage along with the Captain and a spider, and held off Ophelia and Francois, but despite their best attempts, they couldn’t break through to the deployment, instead Colette scored a single can. While Ophelia and Francois scored 2 points for Let them bleed.

The left flank was fairly calm and left to Lola and Sly and the raider, but as Lola kicked her can by turn 1, she could concentrate on killing - then kicking the can past the 8” Mark.

So at the end the score was 4 - 2 to the performers. And I doubt any of us will pick Outflank again ;)

• Regelridderen changed the title to Lookin’ for help in beating up sum’ redneck gunslingers. (Results are in)