TNs and triggers off the same suit

RoivasO

Question

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before, but I was wondering, does a suit in a duels TN "use up" that suit and prevent it from being able to be used for triggers? 

For example, if Zoradia uses Obey (stat 7 mask) and flips a 10 mask, so total 17 mask mask vs TN 14 mask, can she declare the Ensorel trigger (mask mask)? I think, unfortunately for me, yes she can as I don't remember seeing anywhere that a TN uses up the suit, but thought it would double check just in case.

Thanks in advance! 

4 answers to this question

Tns don't use up suits, so action with a trigger on the suit of the tn might as well have the trigger built in as you'll always have it.

Now why isn't the trigger just built into the action? Well that's due to action standardization + the fact that stuff like stunned could still prevent you from doing the trigger.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, muraki said:

Tns don't use up suits, so action with a trigger on the suit of the tn might as well have the trigger built in as you'll always have it.

Now why isn't the trigger just built into the action? Well that's due to action standardization + the fact that stuff like stunned could still prevent you from doing the trigger.

Other reasons to not have the trigger effect built in maybe you might have other triggers you might prefer to declare, or you might not want the tigger effect in which case you can usually choose not to declare it.

• Agree 1