Von Schill help

Kotep

Hi there, I'm looking for general tips or strategies to help deal with Von Schill and his cronies. 

I played Dreamer and lost Chompy and Carver in short order... guns and rockets everywhere. Armor and extra healing everywhere. WP 7 and DF 6 on multiple models. Ruthless on multiple models. Rocket boots and extra armor upgrades... GROSS. 

I had to get up close and personal for a lot of my models, or at least had to keep moving forward for the strat and schemes ....which didn't work out very well. 

My best range was 8" I think.

HELP

Hello, it would've helped if you'd describe what exactly happened in more detail.  What models did you and your opponent had? 
Also, it seems for me that you are exaggerating VS's power a little, he is not that scary (i know that because he is my most played master). 

23 hours ago, Kotep said:

WP 7 and DF 6 on multiple models.

That's outright not ture, if we're speaking strictly about keyword. Only one who actually has df6 in freikorps is VS himself, and wp7 is Hannah (who has df5) and, again VS. Otherwise their stats are pretty on the line with other models in malifaux. 

23 hours ago, Kotep said:

Ruthless on multiple models.

Again, in terms of keyword, only the freikorpsmann have it. They are mediocre minions, yes, VS can make them shoot multiple rocket launcher shots, but that would require a lot of resources.
Without additional information, all i can say is that best strategy against VS is to kill important models. Nightmare crew has access to ignoring armor with "twist reality", which is even can target lowest stat.

• Like 1

If you're playing Dreamer, I think your best strategy against Freikorps is summoning chaff to tied them down. You can't get hit with a rocket launcher if you're engaging the model that needs to shoot it. You probably need to play super cagey turn one. Then once you have 2 models summoned, try to unbury them to engage as much as possible along with some hired models. If your opponent spreads out to prevent having multiple models engaged, you need to gang attack specific models to bring them down.

Go after their healing sources too.

Also you should have a large card advantage. If you can force discards, Freikorps *hates* that. They have so many friendly discard effects and TNs to hit, if you can disrupt that, they're top decking with basically average stats and less resources like focus.

• Like 1

Freikorps can be a tough nut to crack. With armor and shielded they're resilient, with healing from Librarians, the Trunk and sometimes VonSchill they can bounce back quickly. With Rocket Boots and Diving Charge they're pretty mobile. Multiple Rocket attacks a turn can punish you if you group up.

I don't play Dreamer, so I can't give key word specific advice. Being able to put Leap on beaters means you're often going to want to keep extra resources around to protect key models, even ones that are normally safely behind your front line. Target priority is always important, but I think that goes double for Freikorps given their ability to bounce back. Hannah and Arik or OoK beater are usually my priority. Freikorps has some amazing support units, but if your crew doesn't have the mobility to get to them it's probably not worth over extending.

• Like 1