Is Seamus still not competitive in keyword?

50 SS Enforcer

Every time I see a tournament Seamus list it contains 2 or less in keyword models, was the sybelle buff not enough to incentivize people to play in keyword? I know the crew has a hard time keeping up to him, but is that all? Just sad to see my favorite keyword (aesthetically) not played in keyword. It’s the reason I got into the game.  What is everyone’s thoughts now?

The latest tournament Seamus list https://youtu.be/4mewCCgQR3U

23 minutes ago, 50 SS Enforcer said:

Every time I see a tournament Seamus list it contains 2 or less in keyword models, was the sybelle buff not enough to incentivize people to play in keyword? I know the crew has a hard time keeping up to him, but is that all? Just sad to see my favorite keyword (aesthetically) not played in keyword. It’s the reason I got into the game.  What is everyone’s thoughts now?

The latest tournament Seamus list https://youtu.be/4mewCCgQR3U

Reminder that most Seamus players played him OOK pre errata, and that's the "version" of Seamus this guy played a lot so regardless of sybelle he's likely to keep going with what he knows for a tourney especially since it allows you to be more murdery

Also kinda just in general ressers don't stay much in keyword

• Agree 1

Seamus doesn’t have anything to really facilitate staying in keyword. His only ability which mentions the Redchapel keyword gives him a positive to a flip only in specific scenarios. 1-2 models and the Totem are enough to take advantage of that. In-keyword masters are going to either make their keyword models better or have several abilities or actions which can only trigger with, or target, that keyword (Hoffman and Asami come to mind). Ressers also have a larger pool of versatile models and models that can work well OOK compared to most of the other factions imo.

• Agree 1

I believe the Redchapel's problem isn't that the models are bad but that Seamus excels at something completely different than his keyword. Seamus is great at running off on his own  while his keyword wants to stick together. If you were to run him in keyword I guess you would want to concentrate on making Seamus attack multiple times with positive flip thanks to "Why Hello, Love" and "Redchapel Killer". It would require people to play him much differently than they currently do which may be why you don't see it often at higher levels. Sybelle would probably be crucial with that kind of playstyle.

EDIT: Another way to play Seamus in keyword would be to have his crew group together in a place you can score while Seamus runs after anything that's out of reach of your bubble.

I do not know how competetive those playstyles would be.

• Thanks 1

Here's a video with me having 25 stones of keyword (3 models)

But yeah, I think that starts to be the upper limit. You probably want some versatiles or OOKs (nurse, emissary, etc).

IMO the strength of his keyword is it can really dig in and hold its ground to stop your enemy scoring, while Seamus runs off and wins the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1