Rasputina question

Ravencroft

Honestly, there is less room in any December list I’ve played for an acolyte than running Firebranded in Kaeris. There is some schemes they are okay for, and some nice tricks like cheating high on defense then activating to get your card back. And they can do work against someone like a Hoffman crew. But they are more a niche than a seat filler. That being said… lots of folks don’t find them worth their stones. I do admit I need more testing time for them. I find them hard to fit in for mostly any list I make. I don’t run a ton of Raspy though.

TLDR: I think they are good if you foresee a specific scoring opportunity for them, or against mass armor or shielded.

I'd also say if you know you'll be facing someone who is punished by ranged (Youko Hamasaki comes to mind) you could bring one, but then again Envy can fill that role better if you have him.

One of the big problems people have with them by the way is that they have a projectile attack and you're constantly summoning blocking terrain for your opponent.

Just realized the new towards rules help too. The old way, half the time I’d shoot someone, get a lucky hit, and not be able to pull em as the pillar stopped the push. Now it’s still a push but the angle can be toyed with a bit to at least get them out of cover if you are good with positions.

• Like 1

They're probably the least necessary piece in a December crew. I find that silent one's basically do the ranged game better, while also helping in other ways. As already pointed out, its very annoying having a gun in a crew that throws out so much cover. I really want to like them but rarely have I ever felt their worth. 

On 8/7/2021 at 9:18 AM, Jordon said:

They're probably the least necessary piece in a December crew. I find that silent one's basically do the ranged game better, while also helping in other ways. As already pointed out, its very annoying having a gun in a crew that throws out so much cover. I really want to like them but rarely have I ever felt their worth. 

Yeah, would have been nice if they got something like the HoarCats where if the target was near a Pillar, the DAcolyte got a bonus, and possibly ignored the Pillar for penalties.

Sort of like how some ranged crews have spakloads of "ignore friendly fire" abilities.