Question regarding a complementary Master for Yan Lo

Vaux

Hello,

I am just starting out with Malifaux and chose Yan Lo as my first master (getting is full keyword). Now I ask myself which of the other Resser masters would make a good complementary for Yan Lo when I have the core mechanics and the crew down a bit more.

Hopefully one of you more experienced players can give me some direction in that regard.

I would say (even more so with the latest errata) he's much stronger during late game. He can outlast many other crews, so maybe something very aggressive would be a nice complentary. Maybe Seamus? But he requires a good deal of $$ investement though. 

Or, as already mentioned, Molly as a master who heavily relies on her scheme game and is (also) much more mobile. 

I would recommend Seamus as the next master. He can run a crew effectively with a lot of OOK models or versatile picks so you can pretty much player him out of the gate with him & the CCK and whatever extra you have. Bonus if you can just get him and the CCK as singles and then pick up Dead Doxies in the M2E box to just get them. That would get you a real low entry into another keyword. 

I agree Molly is a great pick too but IMO she is a better pairing with McMourning for a "first two" masters pick. There is crossover between them with the Rogue Necromancy and they both work well with each other if you want to play double master.