Learning malifaux - Seamus vs mei feng

doubleW

Hey... gonna play with a friend tomorrow

We agreed on 35ss and crews defined before knowing the strategy and with only one scheme...

Im playing seamus and he is playing mei feng...

Dont want to counter his crew, just want my crew to do all possible strategies GG0 as good as possible.

After two intro games against him I kinda feel my crew is kinda slow... except for seamus 

So im wondering what to pick...

Haven't played with carrion emissary and bete yet... + first time with Upgrades 

so I thought I'll just go with the following:

Seamus + wisper, cck, carrion emissary, doxy + gst, bete, Dandy + 3ss

Not sure about bete since I will lack corpse marker... 

But its just for fun and learning the game anyway 

One thing to note is 35 stones may make for some really weird recover evidence games, but it is probably fine.

For leylines, you may find it tricky to travel between the two lines. I'd consider dropping the dandy and GST and replacing it with a Doxy or Belle.

Then you should be able to handle symbols, leylines, public enemies, etc.

Bete is definitely worth a try and carrion emissary can make mindless zombies for the teleports, so I would say give her a go!

thx for the replies...
thought I would need a dandy for corpse markers... since mei feng doesnt drop any :D 

even thought about going ook with yin or manos - but will wait for that
grave golem would be nice - but i thought its not so much fun for my friend if i remove his scrap markers with his bonus actions

thx for the advise :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, doubleW said:

thx for the replies...
thought I would need a dandy for corpse markers... since mei feng doesnt drop any :D 

even thought about going ook with yin or manos - but will wait for that
grave golem would be nice - but i thought its not so much fun for my friend if i remove his scrap markers with his bonus actions

thx for the advise :) 

Definitely recommend Eternal Servitude to pick up Yin, Manos, etc. eventually.

But maybe wait for the errata to see how badly they're nerfed xD

• 2 weeks later...

Update - 

Did win 🙂 
Was a bit short on corpse markers for seamus and bete
Emissary did good job putting coffin markers in metal golems way... 

Next round will be 35S again - first time that I will try my Molly Crew against his Asami Crew
Dont know anything Asami, except that she can summon 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, doubleW said:

Update - 

Did win 🙂 
Was a bit short on corpse markers for seamus and bete
Emissary did good job putting coffin markers in metal golems way... 

Next round will be 35S again - first time that I will try my Molly Crew against his Asami Crew
Dont know anything Asami, except that she can summon 

Eek, Asami summons in 35 soulstones will be absolutely brutal. In general I'd suggest not allowing summoners in those size games, but maybe it'll be okay.

If you want to play a bit dirty to combat the dirtiness of summons in low-stone games, Vincent can one shot summons (though is a pretty massive investment!)

I've played against Asami once and lost, so don't know too much about the crew, but depending on the pool you may be able to run circles around her and out-scheme her. I definitely felt like the more mobile crew when I faced her.

• Like 1

thx for the advise 🙂 
...since its still learning the rules and the crews - its fine loosing for me 😄

thought about bringing a summoner myself with the forgotton marshal 😄 

current list I'm thinking about... again with not knowing which strategy (GG0) we are playing and again with only one scheme:

Molly + Whisper
Necrotic Machine

Forgotton Marshal + Whisper
Rogue Necromancy
Archie
Carrion Effigy
+ 1 SS 

Plan would be to summon a crooligan ( or any minion) turn one + heal up for scheming if necessary

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, doubleW said:

thx for the advise 🙂 
...since its still learning the rules and the crews - its fine loosing for me 😄

thought about bringing a summoner myself with the forgotton marshal 😄 

current list I'm thinking about... again with not knowing which strategy (GG0) we are playing and again with only one scheme:

Molly + Whisper
Necrotic Machine

Forgotton Marshal + Whisper
Rogue Necromancy
Archie
Carrion Effigy
+ 1 SS 

Plan would be to summon a crooligan ( or any minion) turn one + heal up for scheming if necessary

Give it a go! I find crooligans pretty critical. But you should easily be able to draw the 8+ crow with the necrotic machine draw trick, so should work fine!

• Like 1

Thx for the reply 🙂

Tried just turn one a few times in vassal by myself with first list version... (starting to like vassal)

Plan was to activate marshal before molly to have a minion for constuctive criticism. But getting the 8X wasnt that easy... so had to activate molly before for the card draw

So Im thinking about replacing the effigy with one crooligan to have at least one minion for const critisism + then i could also summon a rabble or night terror instead

Will stick with list one... it seems asami crew is quite melee heavy and like to have another shooter

• Like 1