Rebuilding old models - Staring Lucius and Angel Eyes

AllistorPreist

Ok, my heart is in Arcanists right now, and I am not supposed to buy other factions until I get at least most of them painted, and the ressers cause pirate molly. Just my own rule to one day conquer the legion of the unpainted. That said, I have been cleaning up where my old models were. I still have Maurice and Angel Eyes from the old 2 player starter and Lucius and 2 lawyers from his 2nd ed box. I picked up Witches and Woes (no candy or kade though) and a carver cause I am weak around nightmare boxes. I kinda want to pick Familiar faces, but that is the entire mimic line. What else in the Neverborn works well with Lucius? 

Also, what are changelings actually for? They seem like they would make decent scheme runners, but I am hard pressed to find non-bonus tactical actions. 

Lucius works with a lot of guild these days: lawyers, investigators and false witness are the minions, Alan Reid and agent 46 are the henchmen. 

there are some decent ook/versatiles in NVB: mature nephilim, black blood shaman, serena, angel eyes, vasilisa, dolls, rider work in different setups. 

I use changelings as imitators for Lucius‘ issue command and for scheming turn 3-5. depends. Doppelgänger is a decent schemer as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, extremor said:

You can also start with Lucius and angel eyes together like:

Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Angel Eyes
  Agent 46
  Guild Lawyer 2
  Changeling

and expand from there...

If you add Doppelganger to that list you're actually getting close to a decent gunline in Neverborn.

• Like 1

I played a similar list in a tournament last year which was this:

• Lucius
  • Scribe
  • Agent 46
  • Doppleganger
  • Angeleyes
  • Changeling
  • Black Blood Shaman
  • Guild Lawyer
  • 7SS cache

The shaman was crucial to handing out focus the first 2 turns, and later on changing into a Mature Nephilim. So when the opponent come closing in Agent 46 and Doppleganger turn into melee beaters by mimicing the mature insted of Angeleyes. The game was against a rather inexperienced Mah player, so it was a rather one way game where he didn't really have a good way to answer both the ranged and melee threat within his crew selection.

• Like 2