Household-Gamer Henchman Hardcore Battle Report

Joooohan

Hello again Malifaux world, we just uploaded another battle report but this time we did a Henchman Hardcore battle ( our first time) and we had a lot of fun with this format.  Give it a watch and hopefully you enjoy and please provide feedback good or bad, we are really curious how it will be received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HnOS1KS-lQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like it. It is an interesting idea.

However, perhaps a way to win over a wider audience could be to include some game elements as well? You could keep the story like you did now but at the end of each turn switch to an overview of the battlefield and have the narrator explain quickly what happened in game. And I don't mean every single flip, but something in the style of "The Guilty double walked on the left flank. The Katanaka sniper moved up and took a shot at Montressor, but missed. Montressor attacked the Katanaka crime boss twice, causing a total of 3 damage.". 

Personally, I feel like I was able to follow what was happening mechanically even on a few models I'm not overly familiar with, just based on the narrative descriptions. I really enjoyed the framing as a narrative. Not knowing exactly what was flipped on each duel doesn't bother me. I think the choice to do it for a small scale, quick game to make such a neat, short video is a really cool idea. I'd love to see more.

• Agree 1

On 9/12/2020 at 7:36 AM, Azahul said:

Personally, I feel like I was able to follow what was happening mechanically even on a few models I'm not overly familiar with, just based on the narrative descriptions. I really enjoyed the framing as a narrative. Not knowing exactly what was flipped on each duel doesn't bother me. I think the choice to do it for a small scale, quick game to make such a neat, short video is a really cool idea. I'd love to see more.

Thank you for the positive response.  We thought it was a cool idea also and we want to do these types of videos from time to time.  We were curious to know if the flow felt right and if we wanted to "break narrative" during the turns or just after the game was completed.  We elected for after the game but this may change also

On 9/12/2020 at 1:31 AM, Mortarion said:

I like it. It is an interesting idea.

However, perhaps a way to win over a wider audience could be to include some game elements as well? You could keep the story like you did now but at the end of each turn switch to an overview of the battlefield and have the narrator explain quickly what happened in game. And I don't mean every single flip, but something in the style of "The Guilty double walked on the left flank. The Katanaka sniper moved up and took a shot at Montressor, but missed. Montressor attacked the Katanaka crime boss twice, causing a total of 3 damage.". 

Yeah we were debating how we wanted to incorporate rules and things of that nature.  Thank you for your input, we will take all this into consideration