Crooligan's Fading (Footprints)

Morkai5

Question

When the Crooling uses By Your Side (At the start of this model's Activation, it may discard a card to place itself within 2" of a friendly non-Minion that shares a Keyword with it.), may him use Fading (Footprints) (After this model discards any cards, it may remove an enemy Scheme Marker within 2" and LoS.) to remove a Scheme Marker in the origin point or in the destination point? Can his controller choose?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Measurement timing is quite ambiguous in Malifaux, so this is a question that may not have a sure answer. But here is my take.

• Crooligan activates
  • Discards to By Your Side to place itself somewhere (so move it at this step).
  • Generates Fading because you discarded.
  • Resolve fading - measure the 2" when you resolve (not when you discard), and remove a marker near its new location.

There are probably 3-4 more ways to interpret it, but I think the 'cleanest' solution is that you measure when you resolve it (so do it from the new position).

EDIT: as always for ambiguous areas in the rules, establish with your playgroup how you want to play it. For tournaments, can be good to ask a TO.

EDIT2: also note that the rules for resolving order I've put above are ambiguous, and I'm sure someone will disagree.