Some questions for Jack Daw/Tormented.

Maniacal_cackle

Question

Tried out Jack Daw/tormented tonight, and had some questions:

Torment - draw a card at the end of the activation if you damaged a model with an upgrade.

The new FAQ says it counts the model having an upgrade at the end of the activation (doesn't matter when they received it). Does the reverse apply - if you kill a model, does it no longer have an upgrade because you killed it? Can you draw a card off of a killed model for Torment?

Staggered - it actually reduces movement for the purposes of movement duels, right? So Hanged are effectively at stat 8 a lot of the time? Seems a bit over-the-top, staggered basically acting as injured 2.

Incorporeal 1 - how does incorporeal interact with height? Can you move from the top of one height 4 building to another? You take falling damage when you walk off a building I assume? Can you travel up with incorporeal?

Incorporeal 2 - if an impassable marker (like an ice pillar) is pushed into an incorporeal model, it still stops and is interrupted, right? (Incorporeal only applies to terrain during its own movements?)

4 answers to this question

Torment I guess that's right. at the end of the activation the dead model does not have an upgrade attached, so it doesn't meet the criteria.

Staggered gives -2 Mv so yes if you are attacking their move stat, it has -2.

Incorporeal 1 - the recent errata/FAQ tried to clarify this. You can't use incorporeal to cross somewhere where there isn't something to support it, so you can't walk from the top of 1 building to another without going down. you can climb terrain with the climable trait.

Incorporeal 2 Yes, it only ignores terrain during its own movements, as written in the ability.

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adran said:

Incorporeal 2 Yes, it only ignores terrain during its own movements, as written in the ability.

You’re forgetting the last sentence of Incorporeal:

This model can move though other models and vice versa.

A moving terrain marker is moved as if it were a model, so it will be able to move through the Incorporeal model.

Disclaimer:  I don’t think I’m missing an errata change on Incorporeal....

7 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Incorporeal 1 - how does incorporeal interact with height? Can you move from the top of one height 4 building to another? You take falling damage when you walk off a building I assume? Can you travel up with incorporeal?

The important thing, and it’s set up sort of backwards, is that Climbable works even if you’re trying to ignore terrain/terrain traits.

And the FAQ is trying to say that “ignoring terrain” is essentially “ignoring the traits on terrain.”  The terrain is still there, it still has elevation/height/whatever, so you will still fall off of it if you don’t climb down.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, solkan said:

You’re forgetting the last sentence of Incorporeal:

A moving terrain marker is moved as if it were a model, so it will be able to move through the Incorporeal model.

Disclaimer:  I don’t think I’m missing an errata change on Incorporeal....

I think you are right, I missed the combination of incorporeal and impassible markers (which are the only ones to move as models, but the question refered to ice pillars)