What crew(s) would you bring to this tournament?

Maniacal_cackle

Just curious what people would bring to this tournament. I'd like to get an idea of other people's playstyles/preferences.

Round 1: Turf War with Corner Deployment

• Breakthrough
  • Hold Up Their Forces
  • Take Prisoner
  • Outflank
  • Claim Jump

Round 2: Plant Explosives with Flank Deployment

• Detonate the Charges
  • Harness the Ley Line
  • Search the Ruins
  • Dig Their Graves
  • Power Ritual

Round 3: Reckoning with Wedge Deployment

• Hold Up Their Forces
  • Take Prisoner
  • Assassinate
  • Deliver a Message
  • Vendetta

Like most pools, I'm tempted to just bring Molly to everything. Maybe McMourning round 3. But curious what others would bring!

Masters I would bring to a tournament are Seamus, Molly and Yan Lo. I know Kirai would be a solid pick into some of these pools, but after several games with her I have realized that I don't enjoy playing Urami, so I don't consider her.

Round 1: Seamus or Yan Lo. Seamus because it's Turf War. Without seeing opposing list I would probably think of Take Prisoner and Breakthrough. I haven't played Yan Lo into Turf War yet, but I would be ready to give him a try. My initial plan would be to score Take Prisoner (my favourite scheme to do with Yan Lo in 2ed) and Claim Jump (Izamu). If they bring anti-armor tech, I start sweating.

Round 2: Molly, beacuse it's Plant and there's Power Ritual in the pool. Dig or Search would be my second scheme, based on opposing crew.

Round 3: That looks like a solid Yan Lo pool, except it's Wedge. So I would probably deploy deep and bring something to protect Yan for the first two turns. Take Pris, Deliver and Vendetta all look doable, depending on the opposing crew.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Masters I would bring to a tournament are Seamus, Molly and Yan Lo. I know Kirai would be a solid pick into some of these pools, but after several games with her I have realized that I don't enjoy playing Urami, so I don't consider her.

Round 1: Seamus or Yan Lo. Seamus because it's Turf War. Without seeing opposing list I would probably think of Take Prisoner and Breakthrough. I haven't played Yan Lo into Turf War yet, but I would be ready to give him a try. My initial plan would be to score Take Prisoner (my favourite scheme to do with Yan Lo in 2ed) and Claim Jump (Izamu). If they bring anti-armor tech, I start sweating.

Round 2: Molly, beacuse it's Plant and there's Power Ritual in the pool. Dig or Search would be my second scheme, based on opposing crew.

Round 3: That looks like a solid Yan Lo pool, except it's Wedge. So I would probably deploy deep and bring something to protect Yan for the first two turns. Take Pris, Deliver and Vendetta all look doable, depending on the opposing crew.

Awesome :)

How do you usually do power ritual with Molly? I find I need to dedicate Archie for a lot of the game to get to the opposite corner(s).

And why take prisoner with Yan Lo? Yin?

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

How do you usually do power ritual with Molly? I find I need to dedicate Archie for a lot of the game to get to the opposite corner(s).

Power Ritual in Flank Deployment shouldn't be that difficult. I would probably hire Nanny as the other anchor for Croolies.

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

And why take prisoner with Yan Lo? Yin?

I was rather thinking of Yan's action The Treacherous Paths, which will hopefully let me isolate the target. Yin could work as well, although I'm not sure I would hire her.

Edit: by the way, is that for a real tournament? or it's just your own concoction for theorizing's sake? i'm asking, because that second scheme pool is so evidently skewed towards Molly... :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Edit: by the way, is that for a real tournament? or it's just your own concoction for theorizing's sake? i'm asking, because that second scheme pool is so evidently skewed towards Molly... :D

Real tournament. Last time we had super balanced pools, so this time we have super skewed pools xD

On 2/12/2020 at 10:56 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just curious what people would bring to this tournament. I'd like to get an idea of other people's playstyles/preferences.

Round 1: Turf War with Corner Deployment

• Breakthrough
  • Hold Up Their Forces
  • Take Prisoner
  • Outflank
  • Claim Jump

Round 2: Plant Explosives with Flank Deployment

• Detonate the Charges
  • Harness the Ley Line
  • Search the Ruins
  • Dig Their Graves
  • Power Ritual

Round 3: Reckoning with Wedge Deployment

• Hold Up Their Forces
  • Take Prisoner
  • Assassinate
  • Deliver a Message
  • Vendetta

Like most pools, I'm tempted to just bring Molly to everything. Maybe McMourning round 3. But curious what others would bring!

1. Von Schtook with breakthrough and hold up. The mobility allows you to get all over the board from corner and access to cheap minions (necropunks, undergrads) which can appear out of nowhere to claim hold up is great.

2. Reva with Dig their graves and Harness the ley line. Grave Digger as MVP for Dig and pulsing focus. Flank means her crew can get wherever they need to get and be able to easily deny points for bombs. I know people hate her but I really love her playstyle and I think she is so good in Plant with alot of options.

3. Daw with Assassinate and Vendetta. Daw is MVP of Reckoning and assassinate is super easy with the access to executes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pergli said:

1. Von Schtook with breakthrough and hold up. The mobility allows you to get all over the board from corner and access to cheap minions (necropunks, undergrads) which can appear out of nowhere to claim hold up is great.

2. Reva with Dig their graves and Harness the ley line. Grave Digger as MVP for Dig and pulsing focus. Flank means her crew can get wherever they need to get and be able to easily deny points for bombs. I know people hate her but I really love her playstyle and I think she is so good in Plant with alot of options.

3. Daw with Assassinate and Vendetta. Daw is MVP of Reckoning and assassinate is super easy with the access to executes. 

Ooooo, interesting call on Daw and Reva!

I know matchup matters, but in a vacuum can you share what your Reva list would look like? I quite like that crew and may pick it up someday.

Reva list would be what I ran in LVO but obviously would be subject to change based on match up/opponent/counter tech. The below is a solid outline of a list I like to bring and then I'll swap around a model or two depending on the needs of the matchup. 

REva
2x Corpse
Vincent
Dig their Graves
Grave Spirit
2x Shieldbearers with GST
Wanyudo

2x Bombs on Reva
1 Bomb on Wanyudo
1 bomb on each shieldbearer or maybe put 1 on vincent depending on opponents crew.

Reva is difficult to play and difficult to juggle all of her abilities and options out. She has so many different tools that it's easy to choose the wrong one for the situation which can cost you the game. Reva plays Plant extremely defensively by bringing hard to bring down models, models which can't be held down by engagement ranges (the common defense), offensive pushes and crazy amounts of movement/mobility. 

Shieldbearers are the ultra defensive model, (armor, HtK, regen 2, terrifying 11, heals on their attack) they can charge, push the model 2 inches away with shield bash (6 v df) and then pick up the bomb and gain shielded 1. Then good luck getting it back with a reasonable amount of AP/resources. If your opponent is going for Harness the ley line, they can sit on the middle line and defend against it. 

Reva also has knock aside on a trigger for 4 inches so she can easily move models off of bombs or out of engagement to where she can drop bombs. Top that off with how fast she is (Mv 7/unimpeded) with the ability to attack at range after a charge... she can be super AP efficient and dangerous. I've had her , drop a bomb, charge and smack a dude off their protected bomb 6 inches away and then drop another bomb. 

Wanyudo can charge out of combat so he can't be held back by engagements and is also MV 7.

Vincent can also walk out of engagements so he can't be tied down either.

The grave digger just pulses out focus and the plays in the backfield dropping corpse/scheme to score Dig Their Graves and provide another means of defense vs bomb runners, Search the Ruins (auto pick for most) and Power Ritual (another common pick)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Reva list would be what I ran in LVO but obviously would be subject to change based on match up/opponent/counter tech. The below is a solid outline of a list I like to bring and then I'll swap around a model or two depending on the needs of the matchup. 

REva
2x Corpse
Vincent
Dig their Graves
Grave Spirit
2x Shieldbearers with GST
Wanyudo

I assume Dig Their Graves is a gravedigger? xD I use him for the same purpose in my Molly crew.

How necessary is the Wanyudo? I don't want to buy that whole box just for him, but looks like I could field the rest pretty easily!

10 minutes ago, Pergli said:

The grave digger just pulses out focus and the plays in the backfield dropping corpse/scheme to score Dig Their Graves and provide another means of defense vs bomb runners, Search the Ruins (auto pick for most) and Power Ritual (another common pick)

Do you still find search easy to do after the changes? We usually use pretty big terrain, so have 3-5 blocks of terrain that aren't touching the centreline. So it may be a table specific thing.

16 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I assume Dig Their Graves is a gravedigger? xD I use him for the same purpose in my Molly crew.

How necessary is the Wanyudo? I don't want to buy that whole box just for him, but looks like I could field the rest pretty easily!

Do you still find search easy to do after the changes? We usually use pretty big terrain, so have 3-5 blocks of terrain that aren't touching the centreline. So it may be a table specific thing.

Yeah, sorry GraveDigger for Dig Their Graves.

Honestly, I think he is critical but you can probably get by. Once I started adding him to my play, it really opened up my games and you could feel a difference. You can probably swap him out for a drauger and still have a mobility trick or two and have another way to abuse the incidental burning. Don't use lampads, they are a trap. 

Yes, if you are having problems with it, you may need more scatter terrain in your games 🙂. Boxes, mini walls, individual trees, ect but that is one meta's opinion. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Yeah, sorry GraveDigger for Dig Their Graves.

Honestly, I think he is critical but you can probably get by. Once I started adding him to my play, it really opened up my games and you could feel a difference. You can probably swap him out for a drauger and still have a mobility trick or two and have another way to abuse the incidental burning. Don't use lampads, they are a trap. 

Yes, if you are having problems with it, you may need more scatter terrain in your games 🙂. Boxes, mini walls, individual trees, ect but that is one meta's opinion. 

Hmm.... I'll just sculpt one, then. Thanks for the tips!