Guild Steward and DMR?

Yore Huckleberry

I think because DMR says the killed model is "instead Replaced," then it is never actually killed.  So Demise wouldn't happen and it wouldn't drop any markers.  In my opinion, that's how it should be played.

However, I could see the alternate argument that the Demise and the Recruit are simultaneous effects, so the controller would get to decide the order.  

• Agree 2

Just now, LeperColony said:

I think because DMR says the killed model is "instead Replaced," then it is never actually killed.  So Demise wouldn't happen and it wouldn't drop any markers.  In my opinion, that's how it should be played.

However, I could see the alternate argument that the Demise and the Recruit are simultaneous effects, so the controller would get to decide the order.  

My guess is you’re right - it’s an either/or and you’d have to pick which is best. That said, it’s nice to be at option on them.

2 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

wichtling have demise abilitie and are minions ;)

but in the rulebook page 25 under killed section they specified that any abilities that replaced the model after being killed are used first! So no blasting with demise abilities if you decide to transform your minions in DM!

@Dark Reaper has a good catch there though - the DMR only recruits minions, alas! 

Thanks for pointing that out before I tried to back up Jury, Steward, and alone Marshal for Rrckoning point denial in a tournament! 🤣