Raspy- tips and tricks?

Kaeris_Main

7 hours ago, Ogid said:

A note here, she may draw LoS and Range through Pilars (so deliver is legal); but I think that doesn't apply to actions that require base to base contact as those aren't using a range (base to base contact =/= range 0'')

She can draw range during actions. She needs to be within 1" of the deliver a message target to be allowed to declare the interact action, so she needs range before she is allowed to draw range from pillars. 

You are right that base contact needs to have the bases touching. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adran said:

She can draw range during actions. She needs to be within 1" of the deliver a message target to be allowed to declare the interact action, so she needs range before she is allowed to draw range from pillars.

Are you 100% sure about this? She may declare interact even if she is not close and when time to measure range come, she may decide to use the ice pilar to it (the range come before chosing the effect)

Following the pg23 steps to declare an action:

• 1: Declare Interact
  • 2: No cost
  • 3: Targeting (use Ice Mirror ability to measure range and choose an enemy master/leader within 1'' of the Ice Pilar)
  • 4: No duel
  • 5: Effect nº3 of the interact action (resolve especific rule)

Is the above wrong?

13 hours ago, Ogid said:

Are you 100% sure about this? She may declare interact even if she is not close and when time to measure range come, she may decide to use the ice pilar to it (the range come before chosing the effect)

Following the pg23 steps to declare an action:

• 1: Declare Interact
  • 2: No cost
  • 3: Targeting (use Ice Mirror ability to measure range and choose an enemy master/leader within 1'' of the Ice Pilar)
  • 4: No duel
  • 5: Effect nº3 of the interact action (resolve especific rule)

Is the above wrong?

100%?, no I'm not that sure. But I do think that then intent of Ice mirrors and similar was not to allow these.  I don't think that Rasputina counts as a model within 1" of the secretly chosen model as required by the scheme. The exact linguistics are such that you could try arguing either way,

"During its Activation, a friendly model within 1" of the secretly chosen model can take the Interact Action to target the secretly chosen model".

• Agree 1

But... that's the exact intent of that kind of abilities, letting the model measure ranges from other game elements... And there are also another abilities modifying how interact works with schemes (like Exclusive Interview in Nellie).

IDK, to me everything points it should work with it.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AskM3L8r said:

@Ogid & @Adran I think I'm more confused about what I'm allowed to do as Rasputina 

Sorry, the rules aren't 100% clear on how scheme/stratergy interact actions work through abilities like Ice mirror. (And also the destroy terrain action ). I don't think you can perform those actions through Ice mirror, Ogid thinks you can. I suggest discuss it with your opponent before hand, or your play group. Its not gamebreaking either way.

For all other actions I think its fairly clear how it works. (If there are other examples you're not sure on, then ask here and we'll answer)

For the other 2 interact actions (dropping and picking up scheme markers), the scheme markers need to be in base contact with Rasputina, so it doesn't matter about Ice pillars at all, they need to be in base contact with Rasputina.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1