[Shark tooth necklace]When do you decide which suit to add to the duel result?

MajorUndead

Question

With the august errata that just went live, the shark tooth necklace now has : "If within 3" of two other Fireteams in this unit, the Acting Fireteam may also add any one suit to these duels.".
Here's my question : when do you choose which suit to add?
Can you wait until the flip is done so that you will have 2 suits,  and so can do 2 triggers on the melee action?

2 answers to this question

The full text of the ability is:

Gang Up:  Fire teams in this unit within 3" of another Fireteam in this unit may flip two cards in duels when resolving their Actions.  If within 3" of two other Fireteams in this unit, the Acting Fireteam may also add any one suit to these duels.

Step 2: Modify seems like it would be the step where you make that choice.  

22 minutes ago, MajorUndead said:

Can you wait until the flip is done so that you will have 2 suits,  and so can do 2 triggers on the melee action?

You're adding the suit to the final duel total.  

I don't think The Frenzy has access to an ability that would let it cheat second, and this is TOS where the attacker cheats/modifies first, so I don't think there's any good argument for waiting until Step 3 to choose your suit.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, solkan said:

I don't think The Frenzy has access to an ability that would let it cheat second, and this is TOS where the attacker cheats/modifies first, so I don't think there's any good argument for waiting until Step 3 to choose your suit.  

It could (and IMO should) take Uncanny Instincts to do just that, cheating second makes it super threatening in general

• Like 1