Eating Corpses and Growing Timing

Kharnage

Question

I remember asking this question in Beta, but not what the answer ended up officially being. Relevant rules:
Relish In Blood: After this model kills an enemy model with higher Cost or removes a Corpse Marker, it gains a Grow Token. After gaining a Grow Token, this model may discard two Grow Tokens to Replace itself with a Nephilim Minion with Sz of 1 greater than itself.

Nekima's Hurl Corpse Trigger: R Fast Food: A friendly model within 2" of the Marker may remove it to Heal 2.

Grim Feast action: Remove target Corpse Marker. This model Heals 1/2/4.

My question is this; does Relish In Blood have the option of interrupting the action in the breaths between "remove corpse marker" and "model heals"? Because if it can, then it means my 7 health Young Nephilim could eat a corpse, get to Mature, and then heal to its new Max HP of 10. 

2 answers to this question

Relish in blood got a wording change.   New Wording:

After this model kills an enemy model with higher cost or removes a Corpse Marker, it gains a Grow Token.  After gaining a Grow Token, this model may discard two Grow Tokens to Replace itself with a Nephilim Minion of Sz of 1 greater than itself after resolving the current action.

I think with that new bit at the end, you have to fully resolve the heal (since it's part of the action and resolves in step e) before you can replace (step f).  So this won't work in either scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For Grim Feast, the answer is simple:  The Marker discard is an italic cost, happens in Step 3 because of the word target.  The healing happens in Step 5.  Plenty of time between the two.  :) 

For the Hurl Corpse trigger, the last time I told someone that to resolve “[do x] to [do y]” you had the things that happen after doing X happen before the [do y] part, they claimed that it didn’t work that way because they used Crooligans and demanded that it gets resolved as [do x] [do y] [After doing x].

The question “does it have the option of interrupting..” is a bit wrong, though.  The option is “do it or not do it”, not “How long can I wait for it to still be ‘After’?”

Didn't check the cards to see if there was new wording for the ability.

Like @Clement points out, the "after resolving" clause puts the replace after either of those healing effects.