Abundant Growth, Fae, and Unaffected

Cadaver_Junkie

Question

Hi!

So I have a new Titania crew I picked up towards the end of M2E.

I’d like to paint them shortly, get some games in. But I’m curious about something, and it looks like it’s already been discussed in the closed beta- however I cannot access those threads so I have no idea as to any rulings, thoughts etc.

If a model is “unaffected by undergrowth markers”, can it still gain the Concealing benefit from one such marker? 

I mean, reasonable intention could indicate ‘Yes’, but the word “unaffected” might be considered a pretty clear ‘No’ from a logic point of view.

5 answers to this question

On 7/14/2019 at 1:17 AM, santaclaws01 said:

Page 37 of the rulebook says what unaffected means for every terrain trait. For concealing it means their target doesn't gain concealment.

To be clear, concealing is trait that affects the attacker, whomever that is.   So they will get concealment if they are attacked, and they will ignore concealment if they are attacking.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Clement said:

To be clear, concealing is trait that affects the attacker, whomever that is.   So they will get concealment if they are attacked, and they will ignore concealment if they are attacking.

Yeah, I can see how my answer would imply that neither model would be able to gain concealment. Oops.

• Thanks 1