Undercover reporter - uses and tricks?

Mikes

53 minutes ago, Mikes said:

So, the Undercover reporter. He's getting a lot of praise, but outside of his opening Gotcha! moment I don't see justification for 7ss. How do you use him?

My experience is even if they fight the biggest part of the trick, your opponents mobility can be a big deal.   

The big deal of this model is the trigger to remove a scheme anywhere on board. This denial is very strong : you do not need to be close, or even to have LOS on the scheme you want t remove. When I play one, I always have a scheme around him to allow him to use this action.

• Like 1

He is great for plant explosives:

If the enemy gave a minion an explosive marker (which is not unlikely, because in general, minion are often the scheme runners in most crews), the order of that mision in tunr 2 or 3 is often:

Walk with that minion into the enemy's half of the table and then drop the explosive/strategy marker.

And that is the moment, the undercover reporter shines: After that, you unbury him in base contact with that minion and the strategy marker. He sends the minion back to his deployment zone and with his only action this turn, he picks up the strategy marker and gains an explosive token.

The next round, you can walk to the enemy's half and drop a strategy marker by yourself.

• Like 2