Why the prohibitive hiring restrictions?

Ludvig

55 minutes ago, trikk said:

IMHO the variance will be bigger than M2E (especially for some factions) but apart from that there will still be autopicks, all-stars and different tier masters.

.... and there will be people like me who actively never play the popular or "correct" crew for a scenario and play something messed up because that's what I like to do.

"A competent general is predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs."

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 2:11 PM, Jesy Blue said:

.... and there will be people like me who actively never play the popular or "correct" crew for a scenario and play something messed up because that's what I like to do.

My group already had about 90% themed lists with just the occasional master who picked all over the place like Lucius and beast McMourning. 

It might even be possible that casual theme-junkies make up the majority of the player base even if they don't dominate online tactics discussions. 

• Agree 1

I may have decided that if I could no longer field six witchlings stalkers, then two would be sacrificed to the gods of converting, and have DBZ fusioned with some old miners to make muscly and strong Witchling Thralls.

All metal, pain the butt by the way.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ender101 said:

I may have decided that if I could no longer field six witchlings stalkers, then two would be sacrificed to the gods of converting, and have DBZ fusioned with some old miners to make muscly and strong Witchling Thralls.

All metal, pain the butt by the way.

Pics or it didn't happen 😛

5 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@Ender101 Love those! I will have to start looking at something like that because I never bothered to get the thralls. Unfortunately I don't have miners either but I bet I can dig something out of my miniature box.

Thanks!

The old metal witchlings are a pain. in. the. butt. to cut the heads off. Foolishly I attempted to keep the neck in tact (hands up guy) which was a lot of cutting. I have little metal saw and it still took me a long time. I'm sure there a lot of good options for different bodies, and if you happened to want a new box of something you can send them to Sonnia's lab/dungeon/wedon'tasktoomanyquestions room, and transform them into Thralls.

• Like 1

@Ender101 I would probably have made the cut at the waist and arms outside of the capes. I think fleshing out the shoulders with GS is easier than doing the cutting at weird places. It kind of locks you into certain poses but cutting metal is probably the worst part of this hobby so I'd happily skip that step.

@Ludvig I considered that, but the issue was that the old witchlings are really kind of squat (which is part of their charm!), and the miners are pretty big dudes, so when I was eyeballing it, I didn't think it would work proportionally. In hindsight, I think I wouldn't have shed too many tears for the big bellied dude considering how much pancho there is, but he was the one I said 'screw it' with and just chopped off the head. But yea, probably would have approached the buff dude differently had I given more thought to it. I can be somewhat excitable when I get an idea in my head for modeling, so taking a moment and thinking it through is something I have to work on, haha.

• Haha 1