Tarot Differences

TheCSpider

While trying to figure out my options for creating a character I notice that (at the very least) the Body Card physical aspects vary at least minorly between the different tarots.  

For instance, for the Red Joker:

Assembly Line  & Lifeline:  0/0/0/3

Cross Roads, Ram's Head, and Waterways: -1/-1/-1/3

Are these differences intentional?

And while I'm asking about character creation.  Does a starting character only receive the Step 0 Talent of their starting Pursuit?  I think yes, but wanted to make sure.

Possibly, it might just be a mistake that they decided to hold onto for the sake of making the tarots more unique.

As for Pursuits, the first time a character takes up a Pursuit they get the Starting gear/ability, and the Step 0 Talent.

When you choose a new Pursuit, you only get the Step 0 Talent, not the Starting gear/ability. 

As long as they are pursuing that Pursuit, the character gets the "On the Pursuit" ability, but it is removed if they aren't. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheCSpider said:

While trying to figure out my options for creating a character I notice that (at the very least) the Body Card physical aspects vary at least minorly between the different tarots.  

For instance, for the Red Joker:

Assembly Line  & Lifeline:  0/0/0/3

Cross Roads, Ram's Head, and Waterways: -1/-1/-1/3

Are these differences intentional?

And while I'm asking about character creation.  Does a starting character only receive the Step 0 Talent of their starting Pursuit?  I think yes, but wanted to make sure.

Under quarantine and into the steam were designed during 1st ed ttb, and back then the stat line for the red joker was 0/0/0/3. The intent behind the new stats was to shift some of the character balance, so I might be inclined to use the new setup stats.

11 hours ago, TheCSpider said:

Yup, some of the stat card values vary between Tarots. This is intentional. Use the stat spreads for whatever Tarot spread you're using.

11 hours ago, TheCSpider said:

Correct.