Doppelganger and Perfect Blend Trigger

Fixxer707

Question

So I bought a Doppelganger for my Neverborn crew and its (0) Action ability called Mimic let's you use a 1 AP from another model as if it were printed on its own card.

My question is about the trigger for that ability called "Perfect Blend" which states "After succeeding, immediately take the selected action" This confuses me because isnt that what your doing in the first place? What point does the trigger have if your planning on using the ability after Mimic succeeds? Does perfect blend make it a free action?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Fixxer707 said:

So I bought a Doppelganger for my Neverborn crew and its (0) Action ability called Mimic let's you use a 1 AP from another model as if it were printed on its own card.

My question is about the trigger for that ability called "Perfect Blend" which states "After succeeding, immediately take the selected action" This confuses me because isnt that what your doing in the first place? What point does the trigger have if your planning on using the ability after Mimic succeeds? Does perfect blend make it a free action?

Look at the text for the action again.  It tells you to select the action, and that for the rest of your Activation you can use that action as if it were printed on your card.  That’s not telling you to perform the action yet, it’s only giving you permission to do so if you spend AP or otherwise get the opportunity to take another action.

Mimic would have to say something of the For “select an action and take/perform it” for it to do what you were expecting.

• Thanks 1