DMR

EricR

Very new player here.  After playing the Me2 Starter box with my wife and coworker, we all decided to grab a box starter set and start playing for reals!  I chose Lady J's box, primarily because I do like in-your-face melee and the Death Marshals are wicked-cool minis.  I looked at several threads here and picked up a few extras to complement and stay some what thematic.  The extras include Guild Hounds, Austringers, and DMR.

The hounds have been fun to paint (about halfway done), but the others are still in the boxes.  My question is, does anyone run 4 hounds or 2 Austringers or 2 DMR?

I ask, because I'm not overly fond of the non-flaming skull DMR, and am considering re-selling the sprue, but ...

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, EricR said:

Very new player here.  After playing the Me2 Starter box with my wife and coworker, we all decided to grab a box starter set and start playing for reals!  I chose Lady J's box, primarily because I do like in-your-face melee and the Death Marshals are wicked-cool minis.  I looked at several threads here and picked up a few extras to complement and stay some what thematic.  The extras include Guild Hounds, Austringers, and DMR.

The hounds have been fun to paint (about halfway done), but the others are still in the boxes.  My question is, does anyone run 4 hounds or 2 Austringers or 2 DMR?

I ask, because I'm not overly fond of the non-flaming skull DMR, and am considering re-selling the sprue, but ...

Thanks in advance!

I've run 4 hounds and 2 austringers.  I've never run 2 dmr but in theory they could protect each other.

And if you're playing Lady J, or any other Marshal, it's important to remember that the DMR's ability is NOT Hard To Kill, in that it works regardless of how many wounds the target has, and that's AWESOME.

Had Lady J take 3 damaging strikes while on 1 Wound, DMR pitched 3 cards, Lady J survived long enough that I Totem'd up two more, and then used those to heal her for 4 before she stuck Nekima in her box and with support of the DMR, punched Nekima to death, off table.

My opponent was unimpressed. 

• Haha 3