What faction should I play with?

Aciina

Hi guys!

I'm very curious of Malifaux and want to start playing. It's a bit to expencive to experiment to find a favourite faction.

I love animals! Both the cute ones and the bit creepy-looking ones. I don't find humans very intresting to paint or play with, but if they have wings like angels or something like that I love it. 

So, what faction has alot of animals, or "humans" with wings or tentacles or something like that?

You have 3 good options and  a couple ok ones.   Marcus is an arcanist master and king of the beasts.   His crews can be all animals besides himself. 

The second is running either guild or resser mcmourning.  With his upgrade "test subjects" you can bring in beasts to either of those factions. 

Third is ulix - the gremlin pig farmer.   He often will run a crew with lots of piggies.  Another gremlin model that might interest you is the rooster rider.

Honorable mention includes neverborn lucius, who can bring up to 8 hounds in his crew as well as a Rougarou (undead fairie werewolf)

In guild technically any master can bring mounted guard,  up to 4 hounds,  and a lone marshall on horseback,  as well as the undead pale rider.   Most other factions have a rider too.  Lucas mccabe also starts on horseback and has a dog totem,  which powers up the other dogs in your crew. 

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but that's a start.

*hears "angel", points toward Arcanist forums*

Go talk to them. Guild only ever had one battle angel and that mini's not much in use any more.

There's more weird gribbly things in Neverborn too, and fewer humans than either Guild or Arcanists, but Arcanists will have both the beasts and the current battle angel.

I'd add in the "Ten Thunders" faction for your consideration, @Aciina.

They have quite a few monsters and creatures from Asian folklore, including THE cutest cuddly models in the game - TANUKI!!! (the raccoon things at the top of the this page):

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2017/9/6/september-newsletter

23 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Guild only ever had one battle angel and that mini's not much in use any more.

Ooooh! Do you mean, the Perdita Avatar model??? I'm trying to guess, as I have no idea what else it could be! Brutal model - I'm very keen to pick one up someday, even though I don't play Perdita...

1 hour ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Ooooh! Do you mean, the Perdita Avatar model??? I'm trying to guess, as I have no idea what else it could be! Brutal model - I'm very keen to pick one up someday, even though I don't play Perdita...

Almost! But Perdita's avatar's got wings on a weird beast, not a humanoid form.