The TTB Spell Deck

Mason

Hey everyone!

I wanted to take out a moment to point out that we'll have the TTB Spell Deck available at GenCon and in our store during GenCon.

This deck has cards for every Magia, Immuto, and Magical Theory (even 'The Burning Man's Influence' from A Fire in the Sky), as well as a few rules reminder cards (with the game text for Actions such as Trick and Impose.)

This deck is pretty great because you can just grab the card for the Magia you're casting and then add cards for each Immuto you're adding to it, without having to look up the spell in your book or notes. It makes playing a spellcaster super easy, and if you're a Fatemaster, you can just say "You find a Grimoire with these spells" and hand a player the relevant cards.

So easy. <3

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CaptianEinsteinAlucard said:

So can you only but the two new decks at gencon or will they be available for purchase online 

Everything should be available to order online (from the Wyrd web store) during Gen Con, but historically orders don't get processed until the Wyrd staff start getting back from the convention.

The answer to "So when will the items be up in the web Store?" has historically been "If we tell you, you'll crash the server in the first minute."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, WalkingInBlack said:

So it won't be available in retail store only Wyrd's webstore??

I don't believe that's what he meant... this is a pre-release sale, both at the Wyrd booth at GenCon and on the Wyrd webstore.  It'll be available in retail stores later on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sernus said:

I've received my copy of the Spell Deck... and it is just an awesome game accessory!  :+fate:+fate:+fate!!!

Agreed. As a new Fatemaster trying to get new players into the game, I think this is very helpful. Not having to flip through the books is nice, but like @Mason said, handing out spells in a small physical format will be helpful. I think it could also help make learning a new system less daunting for players who want to be a magic user,  just hand them the deck of spells from the books you are using in your campaign. They can pick the magia/immuto they need from the deck - the physical aspect of the cards, plus the ability to do a side by side with the magia and immuto should make putting together a grimoire easier. 

My current gaming group rotates systems after a couple sessions, typically three 4-hour sessions (more like 2 hours of actual game time after late starts and getting dinner).  In our case, anything that makes it easier to pick up the game and get characters created is great. That and the magic user can look at the cards while three or four people try to 'share' a Fated Almanac  Core Rules. 

• Like 1

I bought a deck for my brother had a browse through the cards.

It's worth noting that there are also three or four Action Point reference cards, and the "Build A Construct" reference cards.

The cards would probably make pretty good shared reference sheets slipped into those 6 or 8 card sleeve sheets, if you're just getting one deck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...