Dawn Serpent or Whiskey Golem

Rugh Z'ull

7 hours ago, Kogan Style said:

Yes, yesterday vs Paralyse Pandora. Chatty is no good if you can't kill something to drop a head in the first place. Head Hunter isn't a strategy that requires bunching up either so that bubble only goes so far. For 12ss investment to bring Fingers into TT it is easier to go with a native TT support piece.

Also chatty on a Ht 1 30mm model is going to be pretty easy to work around when you can place the head 3" away from the killed model, so at minimum the far side of the scheme marker is going to be just over 5" from Fingers.

Shrug, I guess y'all's experience is different from mine, but every time I take him, he gives me a differential of at least 3 or 4 points.

I would say that I think it's not fair to roll the cost of Running Tab into Fingers's cost though, since you're taking it for Wesley anyway* (and taking a Terracotta Warrior to protect Wesley as well)

*the other upgrade's aura is useful enough that it's a waste to use it immediately, and missing out on a turn 1 (0) and 1AP from Wesley kinda sucks

12 hours ago, Dominion said:

11 SS

You are hiring Wesley too.

And you have 33 SS left, you can't bring domenica beater?

And with Brewmaster throwing swill around, you don't even Need big MI models.

Everyone Will start hitting and killing stuff (in gremlins, the lucky effigy becomes deadly beat the Brewmaster)

Tannen suffers from being really fragile with no big defensive abilities and forced  to activate early 

Not sure where you are getting 11 from, unless you are trying to split Running Tab across two models.

Fingers is 10ss

Running Tab is 2ss

Wesley is 3ss

Terracotta Warrior is 5ss. The Terracotta Warrior has the best damage track in the crew so far with Ml 5 1/3/5, only just pipping Wesley who is Ml 4 1/1/5.

You have spent 20ss, with no model worth obeying for attacks on swilled targets.

I realise we could go round and round on this discussion. FWIW I like Brewmaster a lot, despite the fact he is the TT Master I perform the worst with results wise. I think running tab skews the crew build too much to make the additions feel like a worthwhile investment in TT. a 0 stone upgrade on Brewie that allows him to take 1 or 2 out of faction Tri-Chi models could possibly help with the problems TT have with Brewmaster and Wyrd's issue from a business standpoint (the fact Wyrd have products in the market that would need to be recalled if Running Tab were to change and the card printing issue that happened in January [which wasn't Wyrd's fault] that made it difficult to get the new cards to players). 

Do Gremlin players feel they miss something from Brewmaster crews if they don't use Running Tab to hire Fermented River Monks or Tanuki?

As per the OP question - Whiskey Golem skews the crew build to include it (but you should try it out and see whether the benefits of a reactivating 3/5/6 damage track outweighs the cost) and the Dawn Serpent is good if the pool suits it (i.e. not Hunting Party) 

The upgrade's aura is honestly not particularly special, since if they're in that aura they're in Brewie's healing bubble, and if they're at any point :-fate'd and somewhat closer they'll even be forced to heal about 4 wounds a turn. With Brewie's heal bubble and poison only ticking at set intervals I much prefer the control I get from the likes of Yasunori and Ama and such filling up my big unit slots and save AP wherever I can, not giving poison a second look because it takes stones and AP away from actually putting things into the ground. I used to occasionally take a Fermented Monk when Yu and Brewie could pull themselves up t1 but with this upgrade and Brewie's 0 saving me 3 SS it's been hard to justify him.