Neverborn Lynch < 10T Lynch?

INXVI

Hello, 

So I recently started playing Malifaux, and own the Dark Debts box. The people at my local store say 10T Lynch has better options, so I was wondering if I could have some advice as to what works best with him. 

I know Darkened models are still viable, and Terror Tots sprint has been working extremely well so far, but Huggy & Lynch alone (in the latter games at least) have been giving out brilliance enough. 

Because I'm pretty new, but have known the people at my local store for years, one of them has offered to let me 'Play test' some models, so any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks ?

Edited by Incuvi
Typo's

It depends on the playstyle. If you like pushing your models to the enemy, go for ten thunders. If you like luring the enemy to you, go with neverborn.

The Thunders have Sensei Yu, which makes Mulligan crazy good for a 0 action. You can cycle up to 6 cards in a turn from just Lynch's and Yu's Mulligan. Yu is also pushbot 9000, so you can feel better throwing Huggy in the face on turn 1.

@Ludvig also mentioned the Samurai and the Brothers. The brothers are already a strong 5ss model and lynch pushes it up to 11. You can get the preferred stance as long as you have the ace for free and then go defensive for free. Armor 1 Df7 models are fairly hard to take down :)

So what do the neverborn offer? They can offer you a better lure and some more things the lure triggers, such as pounce. You can bring Lilitu as opposed to a beckoner and get a Ca 7 lure instead of a ca6. As a player, you should know by now how powerful a 7 attack is. If you then bring Lelu with you, you can lure into his pounce so that 1 AP lure becomes a 2 AP or possibly 3 AP action (if Lelu activated already and gave his condition for free pounce).

Neverborn are just more tricky to play against in general and will make your opponents life hell with all the wp-based horror duels. An illuminated's Terrifying 10 is pretty lame and gimmicky, but drop 2 web markers from Widow weaver and suddenly they have -2 wp to resist. Or you can go for a teddy who has default Terrifying 13, so that's guaranteed to burn a card in your opponents hand.

Got a map with small corridors or an area the opponent must go to? Bring the Emissary and lay down Hazardous Terrain there. You want to go there? Take a high walk duel or suffer 1/4/5 damage.

I could go on, but this is just to show you that I find neither "inferior" towards the other. It's just a preference of playstyle.

• Like 1

Thanks @whodares 

That's opened up a few options I haven't heard of before. I know pushing and luring can be great for setting up a strategy, and Doppelganger can help with Graves, so I'll definitely look around and play different styles. I'll only had 7 games, and my model pool has been pretty small, but hopefully I'll get to imply a tactic or two that you've brought up today :D

18 minutes ago, Incuvi said:

Thanks, 

Sorry about getting it mixed up ? I'll check them out, and cycling for aces is definately worth while.  

Sorry that I messed up. I started suggesting neverborn models and then realized I was in the TT forum and edited the post.

The doppleganger is a very solid neverborn model if you want to improve on that side.

• Like 1