Will o Wisp: how many?

edopersichetti

Hi all! I'm curious what your experiences are with the new Will o' Wisps. I am wondering if you have ever fielded 2 of those, and if you have, with what results? I can see that one of them can be useful, and not only with Zoraida, but 2? I guess they are a 3 stones minion and it could help in certain schemes where you need "the most non-peon etc" but...yeah, what's your opinion?

Ive taken 3 with Zo, 1 to spam gupps with Spawn Mother, 1 to copy zoraida doll summon and another to copy animal shape into enemies to be a nuissance and/or have Mctavish to shoot him and bring out Killjoy or Bad Juju. Also take 2 in a pandora list with a air of teddies and Kade. I like em a lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scratchnsniff said:

..., 1 to copy zoraida doll summon and another to copy animal shape into enemies to be a nuissance ...

I don't think that would work, since every model (Zoraida) can only be the target of Everchanging Form once per turn. So it's either voodoo doll or animal shape, not both.

I usually take 2. Theres rarely a more than two models you can copy actions from and you'll probably not copy actions using both wisps in a turn. 

Their wisps call is also quite powerful and can cause some real issues for your opponent if run properly. Especially if you're running schemes like Claim Jump and Leave your Mark were you're trying to keep enemy models away from your scheme markers. Or just want to make something walk towards the wisp you've just sat behind Nekima!

Though if you find you're coming up against a lot of ranged casting then you might want to take 3 just in case. After all theyre only 3 ss.

Really depends on the crew

but I think wisps call is incredibly good for certain strategies. Especially extraction interference and guard the stash. the look on your opponents face when they want to move to try and score only to be given the run around. Sometimes forcing your openent to sacrifice their second action to try and move back in to score isn't necessarily bad either as you have effectively controlled their activation with a 3ss model:D