What are some good "beginner" one shots?

Kyris

So, I'm looking to introduce Through The Breach into a few of my gaming groups. None of the people I usually play with have any clue what Malifaux or through the breach is, however. So what would you guys recommend, one shot wise, as a good sort of primer to the setting, rules, etc? do any stand out as better than the others in that regard?

• Like 1

Recruitment Drive and Sixteen Tons were both produced for Free RPG day and are good starter One Shots that have pregen characters for you to use should you want. I also recommend Legacy of Darkness. Again it has pregen character if you like. But, really any of the one shots are pretty friendly. So, just read the little blurbs and see which one speaks to you the most.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Shadowopal said:

Recruitment Drive and Sixteen Tons were both produced for Free RPG day and are good starter One Shots that have pregen characters for you to use should you want. I also recommend Legacy of Darkness. Again it has pregen character if you like. But, really any of the one shots are pretty friendly. So, just read the little blurbs and see which one speaks to you the most.

Cool, I'll at least pick up Recruitment Drive for now.

Do the other one-shots typically not come with pregens? I was kind of hoping they were, as in my groups getting consistent players game to game is kind of like pulling teeth, so I was hoping pregens were more common.

7 hours ago, Kyris said:

Do the other one-shots typically not come with pregens? I was kind of hoping they were, as in my groups getting consistent players game to game is kind of like pulling teeth, so I was hoping pregens were more common.

If you check Malistrad's list here: Link the adventures with pregenerated characters are noted with an asterisk.

Generally speaking, the adventures with pregen characters tend to be good jumping-off points, as those are the ones I write for conventions like Origins and GenCons.

• Like 2

Hey so I figured this isn't really worthy of its own thread so just asking it here. Has anyone made any reference cards or anything specifically for TTB? Most if not all of my players have NO IDEA what malifaux even is, so handing out reference cards with stuff that isn't exactly applicable to TTB might not be ideal.