Spawn Mother / Gupps mechanics

Soil

Hi!

I have been experimenting with the Spawn Mother and a questions came up:

Spawn Mother has a rule called Hatchlings which states that "when this model is killed or sacrificed, summon a gupps model into base contact with each friendly egg marker, then discard the egg markers."

The question is in which order the dying and the spawning happens. If the only place available to place the gupps is the spot where the Spawn Mother was standing when she got killed, do you then remove her first, and then place the Gupps? Or do you place the Gupps first (which you cant due to no room) and then remove the Spawn Mother?

Cheers

Starrius is correct. You you'd place the gupp, remove the egg counter then remove the spawn mother. So if you're unable to place it you would just have to remove the egg counter.

To help with this get Will-o-the-wisps and let them do it for her! should mean that at the most you'd only be losing 1 gupp.

Thanks for the reply!

Good to know for the future :) I do have a couple of Wisp proxys since I didnt realize the wisps was only a black friday thing and thought they' come to my local shop like a month ago.. ^^ But I will get them for sure. Don't think I'd run Spawn Mother without them even though I really like the "lay lots of eggs to get shitty gupps" strategy

I actually have more question regarding the order of things, and Gupps

The Gupps have an ability which states that "If this model is killed or sacrificed by an enemy model before the end of the turn, friendly swampfiend models within (6) immediately gets +2 to their MI until the end of the turn

If Juju is burried and unburrows due to the Gupps dying, will he get +2 damage?

If 2 Gupps is close to something with ex black blood - One Gupps kills the enemy with its trigger to summons a Silurid and then sacriice itself, the other Gupps dies from black blood. Will the Silurid then get +2 dmg?

Edit: Or if two gupps die to a blast - o you kill one, unburrow Juju and kill the other and he gets +dmg? So many maybes, so little knowledge..

I would say it would say neither Juju or the silurid would get the +2 damage.

Black blood would occur as the damage is dealt, then reducing the wounds to 0 (killing) and at this stage giving +2 damage, then placing Juju/Silurid. Of course I could be wrong but someone will correct me if so :)

Interestingly and quite fun too is, when you 'grow' a gupp into a silurid the wording says that the Gupp is sacrificed which means Juju can unbury adjacent to it. Its always fun watching your opponents face when you kill one of his models with a Gupp and get both a silurid and Juju from it.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2017 at 7:54 AM, Soil said:

Thanks for the reply!

Good to know for the future :) I do have a couple of Wisp proxys since I didnt realize the wisps was only a black friday thing and thought they' come to my local shop like a month ago.. ^^ But I will get them for sure. Don't think I'd run Spawn Mother without them even though I really like the "lay lots of eggs to get shitty gupps" strategy

Bit of a clarification - they are a general release. The availability at Black Friday was just a pre release. They release in January, so your store should have them late January/early February.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Hartmann said:

Can i summon a gup from mother egg with the will o wisps in turn 1? I think i only can summon a gup in a turn wehre is lay  egg not used from mother.?

That restriction only applies to a single model doing both so the wisp can summon the same turn since it didn't take the lay eggs action.

• Like 1