How's your HH looking?

Swinerider

My old standby is McTavish, Gracie w/ Dirty Cheater, a Lightning Bug, and Old Cranky. Five activations is rad, but obviously that doesn't answer your question.

I could see bringing an Iron Skeeter to shield friendlies on turn 1 with smoke walls because you're not going to have activation advantage to hold back until your opponent's scary things have activated. Then you can also use them to cart around Burt or maybe Francois and make them fast. I think it's something to consider, totally.

I also played a game the other day with The First Mate as my leader and I gotta say I was a fan. The 6" push on Menacing Croak is great, and he can be in range of basically everything with his Leap. He had a good time slowing and paralysing my opponents, and admittedly I did get kinda lucky and kill Taelor before she really had a chance to do anything (RJed a Raphael damage flip), and of course if he's not activated yet, the threat is always there of him just pushing you back out of the turf war area. As a caveat, he did benefit very much from Perfect Camouflage since my opponent's main damage dealers were Convict Gunslingers, so in a different game he might be a bit easier to kill.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just competed in a 14 person HH tourney this past Sunday and took 1st place running McTavish w/do over, Francois w/ dirty cheater, an iron skeeter and a slop hauler.  The skeeter/francois combo is absolutely brutal under close deployment, as they could threaten almost anything on the board turn 1, removing the biggest threat and leaving McT and the slop to clean up what remained.  

If I had a bad hand, I found myself actually stoning to use showdown for Francois and dumped my hand in order to gain positive flips (something I would likely never do in a regular game of faux), then falling back on Do Over to get McT some cards to use if he was able to get some good shots in.  I did get very lucky hitting the fast trigger on the skeeter every game (either through hand or flipping), but most of the lists weren't able to handle the early pressure mine could put on.  It was my first go at HH and was a blast to play!

• Like 1

I ran Francois (DC/HitM), Burt (DC), Rami, and a Bayou in a local HH tournament last weekend and cleaned house. Everyone was caught off-guard by the alpha strike potential of Frank and Rami, and the ability of Burt to keep steady damage going while those two were licking their self-inflicted wounds (not to mention his defensive trigger, which killed Bishop in the final) was massive. Also key was Frank's huge Stone pool, which kept him going at crucial times.

13 hours ago, NorthernIron said:

Just competed in a 14 person HH tourney this past Sunday and took 1st place running McTavish w/do over, Francois w/ dirty cheater, an iron skeeter and a slop hauler.  The skeeter/francois combo is absolutely brutal under close deployment, as they could threaten almost anything on the board turn 1, removing the biggest threat and leaving McT and the slop to clean up what remained.  

If I had a bad hand, I found myself actually stoning to use showdown for Francois and dumped my hand in order to gain positive flips (something I would likely never do in a regular game of faux), then falling back on Do Over to get McT some cards to use if he was able to get some good shots in.  I did get very lucky hitting the fast trigger on the skeeter every game (either through hand or flipping), but most of the lists weren't able to handle the early pressure mine could put on.  It was my first go at HH and was a blast to play!

Do Over on McTavish seems just so wrong! :P 

But yeah, that's a very nice list - thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

I agree, that sounds like a very nasty list. I was gonna say how do you deal with your opponent having a chance to respond to Francois being ferried up, but then I remembered he has Companion, so they don't. What a nightmare. I think I'm gonna have to try something similar next time I play HH, but I'll probably use a Lightning Bug instead of a Sloppy because I'm me. Iron Skeeters are kinda ridic.