Bandersnatch combo/rules question

Treehouse

Hi,

some quick questions.

1) While I was reading the card of my Bandersnatch, I realized that the wording on its attack's trigger is: 'target must make a (1) attack action. This model's controller controls that action.

This means that the Bandersnatch's controller controls the target'S attack action, right? So that means, if I crawl into the shadow of - let's say - my own Widow Weaver and get the trigger, I can let the target attack my Widow Weaver and let the target fail the terrifying test to paralyze it.

Does that work?

Should be reeaaallly mean against Lenny and the like.

2) While the Bandersnatch is in someone's shadow, it adds/may add that model's hight to its ML range. so 1-3, making its ML-range between 3-5". Does that count for disengagement strikes? So, if I crawl into Lilitus shadow (and she doesn't even care because of regenerate), I could tie up models from 5" away?

2.1) In the example above, could Lilitu take interact actions, if the target is more than 3" away? As technically not she is tied in melee but the bandersnatch is?

3) Do we have any NEverborn models with both Punce and Terrifying? ;)

1) Yes, as far as I am aware. Note that Terrifying is useless against Lenny, who is immune to conditions ;)

2) No. The Bandersnatch cannot make Disengaging Strikes as it has no :meleeattacks (easy to miss!)

3) Teddy doesn't have Pounce, but can take an attack when an enemy fails a Wp duel... and is a great vehicle for Bandersnatch delivery (Regenerate, easily pushed, large base, (0) push, Ht 3 and Terrifying 13!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBorg said:

All above is correct, as far as I can see.

I'm sorry to say that Lenny has a rule that makes him immune to all conditions, so he cannot be paralyzed.

Cheers!

Lenny's big weakness, is that he just LOVES the inside of a pine box.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:05 AM, Izzinatah said:

2) No. The Bandersnatch cannot make Disengaging Strikes as it has no :meleeattacks (easy to miss!)

The answer is no, but not (just) for that reason. That might stop the Bandersnatch from making disengaging strikes when he's unburied, but when he's buried he would be unable to make disengaging strikes anyways, right? His ability allows him use the model he's inside to draw LoS and range for his attack actions, but if he's not using an AP to make an attack he's the same as any other buried model, unable to interact with the outside world unless another ability says otherwise. Am I wrong on that?

This could be important in campaign play if someone tried to equip the Bandersnatch with equipment that gave it :meleeattacks.

10 minutes ago, JarnabyBones said:

The answer is no, but not (just) for that reason. That might stop the Bandersnatch from making disengaging strikes when he's unburied, but when he's buried he would be unable to make disengaging strikes anyways, right? His ability allows him use the model he's inside to draw LoS and range for his attack actions, but if he's not using an AP to make an attack he's the same as any other buried model, unable to interact with the outside world unless another ability says otherwise. Am I wrong on that?

Disengaging strike is an attack action so you are indeed wrong about the wording on that ability preventing him from taking disengaging strikes. However, he would be unable to take disengaging strikes while buried even if he got a :melee attack in a shifting loyalties campaign or something, because he is never engaged with another model while buried. He's neither within his :melee range of another model nor does he have LoS.

7 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Disengaging strike is an attack action so you are indeed wrong about the wording on that ability preventing him from taking disengaging strikes. However, he would be unable to take disengaging strikes while buried even if he got a :melee attack in a shifting loyalties campaign or something, because he is never engaged with another model while buried. He's neither within his :melee range of another model nor does he have LoS.

You explained it better than I did but same point. He's not technically engaging anything due to the nature of being buried. Thank you for explaining it better than me!