Placement, pushes and Hoffman

Erik1978

Question

So, a few things came up:

Hoffman's Field Mechanic Upgrade (Update hardware): You get 1 of each modification card but it seems I can cast "Hydraulics" on 10 different models if I want to? As long as they don't have a Modification Upgrade I have an unlimited supply of each? Which would make sense since there is no mention of getting them back when the model dies etc.

When Hoffman (or others) PLACE a marker in base contact, do I need LoS to that marker or is LoS only required once I TARGET that marker for something? (I'm thinking of his 0-action Shakedown "place a scrap marker in base contact with target construct". Can he place it out of sight on the opposite side of a peacekeeper?

Mr Graves (and others) that push into base contact: If they can't reach base contact by a straight line, do they push as close as they can or simply not at all?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Erik1978 said:

Hoffman's Field Mechanic Upgrade (Update hardware): You get 1 of each modification card but it seems I can cast "Hydraulics" on 10 different models if I want to? As long as they don't have a Modification Upgrade I have an unlimited supply of each? Which would make sense since there is no mention of getting them back when the model dies etc.

You can cast it on as many models as you like, but it has the restriction that you can only attach an upgrade that no models in your crew already have attached, so you're limited to one of each that way. Although if you attach an upgrade to a model then that model dies, you can then attach it to a different model.

When Hoffman (or others) PLACE a marker in base contact, do I need LoS to that marker or is LoS only required once I TARGET that marker for something? (I'm thinking of his 0-action Shakedown "place a scrap marker in base contact with target construct". Can he place it out of sight on the opposite side of a peacekeeper?

You need LoS to the model because you're targeting them, but I don't see why you'd need LoS to the marker.

Mr Graves (and others) that push into base contact: If they can't reach base contact by a straight line, do they push as close as they can or simply not at all?

As far as possible (last paragraph on pg 43 big rule book about pushes)

• Like 1