Show me a Wong crew with Swine-Cursed?

orkdork

When I go about building a Wong crew, I find myself rarely having stones for Swine-cursed.

Wong really wants Sammy, McTavish/Lazarus, Cranky and Trixie.

Without Sammy, you can't take A Gremlin's Luck, which greatly reduce's Wong's threat.

Without McTavish, you are missing the key offense of the crew.

Without Trixie, you can't position McTavish as easily, you don't have the awesome scheme dropping powers, and you don't have initiative cheat, which is amazing for a blaster.

Without Cranky, you are missing a 4ss significant model with amazing auras and particularly awesome synergy with McTavish and Sammy.

So now you have 18 ss left, which always seem better spent on Roosters/Bugs/Bayous than Swine-cursed.

Do I drop A Gremlin's Luck and Sammy? Am I just crazy, and the last 18 ss should be 2 swine-cursed and schemes be-damned? Maybe I drop a Gremlin's Luck and Sammy and rely on Wong and Trixie to run my schemes?

I diagree with Wong needing Trixie and McTavish.

For a basic Swing Cursed list I would take

Wong + Explosive Solutions + Gremlins Luck

Sammy + ooo glowy

2 swine cursed

that is about half your crew, but all 3 of those models are pretty scary with ooo glowy (sammy just doing 3 damage with her triggers is kind of mean and the 2 swine cursed with glowy are also really strong or make Burt glowy and just have him be that much bigger a threat).

I would than look at adding burt, cranky and iron skeeters. The iron skeeters can be good scheme runners and help you advance Sammy and Burt up the field. Burt also can help group enemies models for Wong. 

• Like 1

Hog Whisperer is a must with Swine Cursed. Reactivate is just utterly insane with them. Regeneration and changing shape twice in a turn heals all the damage you take from getting those four extra AP. Four! And it leaves you a Pig so ready to be Reactivated again next turn. Oh, and Trix can Push Pigs for even more ridiculous threat range for a model that goes through most defenses.

Reckless, Regeneration, Re-active - the three hard R's.

• Like 2

Trixie isn't something I bring unless the schemes call for it. Even if I'm running McTavish (which I rarely do), the stones for Trixie isn't worth freeing up a few AP on McTavish. There are other good glowy targets out there. For example, next time I run Wong I'm planning a glowy suicide bomber. 

I wonder if old major with a saddle would make for some silly shenanigans: move whisperer up with saddle, whisperer activates and sooey, then stick em on the swine cursed. Now the swine cursed are around 12" up and getting :+fate attack and damage on the reactivate. Just need a safe place to turn piggy earlier in the turn.

Glowy major isn't a slouch, either.

Takes lots of cards, but with Cranky and Sammy cycling, it doesn't seem too unlikely, and the cursed get the :+fate flips to offset the loss of cards.