Standing on Markers and LoS

Kogan Style

Question

Models can stand markers to block LoS, does this interact in any way with the elevation rules in the book. Does the Ht of the model come into play when determining LoS to a marker? Does base size factor into this?

e.g. does a Ht1 Gremlin block LoS to a corpse marker when  the marker is targeted by a Ht 2 model? 

Rules involved

Big Book pg 41.

Elevation 
The Ht of the acting model, target, and intervening objects can effect whether or not the acting model has LoS. If the blocking object (terrain or model) between the Attacker and target has Ht lower than the Attacker or target's Ht, then the blocking object is ignored for LoS quality (but not cover).

FAQ

49) Q: If a model on a 30mm base is positioned perfectly on top of a 30mm Scheme Marker such that the Marker is completely covered, can other models draw LoS to the Scheme Marker?

A: No. Note that in the case multiple Scheme Markers are stacked on top of each other (with nothing else on top of/blocking them) models may draw LoS to all Markers in the stack because Scheme Markers are not blocking.

5 answers to this question

It seems really really counterintuitive and odd, but yeah going by the rules I think you're right, a ht1 model standing on top of a marker would not block LoS to the marker for any models that are Ht2+, because as you quoted, the Ht1 model is smaller than the attacker and should therefore be ignored. I think this is FAQ material.

THAT SAID, you could infer from the FAQ entry that standing on top of a marker blocks LoS to it regardless of Ht stat. However I would be wary of drawing any conclusions other than what is explicitly stated (in this case imo it's a reiteration of the idea that a 30mm base, perfectly positioned, is allowed to block LoS between two other 30mm bases)

15 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

It seems really really counterintuitive and odd, but yeah going by the rules I think you're right, a ht1 model standing on top of a marker would not block LoS to the marker for any models that are Ht2+, because as you quoted, the Ht1 model is smaller than the attacker and should therefore be ignored. I think this is FAQ material.

THAT SAID, you could infer from the FAQ entry that standing on top of a marker blocks LoS to it regardless of Ht stat. However I would be wary of drawing any conclusions other than what is explicitly stated (in this case imo it's a reiteration of the idea that a 30mm base, perfectly positioned, is allowed to block LoS between two other 30mm bases)

The rules are very clear in this case. Don't go inferring anything from the FAQ that hasn't been spelled out there and clearly contradicts the rules. Model's with Ht less than one of the models drawing LoS are ignored and that's it.