I want to take Hans and Big Jake- so what crew should i build?

Anung Un Rama

Big Jake can be good in every crew. He will act as scheme runner. Of course you can take 4ss Void Wretch / Winged Plague who have other pros & cons. In Jack Daw crew in low points games he can be too much in 5ss scheme runners area, mostly you will use Guilty for that. 

Hans is not good. And I used nice words ;) Could use more "hurting" ones. You will have 5 focused shots per game for 8ss. Mostly Hans will stay in deployment zone, you want to shot with focus, because he is missing built in :+fate so covers matter. Maybe in some games with nice shooting lanes he can shine, but otherwise I would take Sue / Librarian / Convict Gunslinger in his place 

You can use Big Jake in every crew. Hans may find his place in Jack Daw / Hamelin (helps him with move) and in all other crews if terrain is good.

Both Hans and Big Jake have no natural synergy with a particular master. These means that generally they will work the same regardless of what master you select. 

I would say that Hans isn't as bad a Jafar suggests, but you need to use his toolbox nature to make him "worth" more than a trapper which will deal about the same damage for fewer ss. And there are some boards/match-ups where he will struggle

Jack can give out of activation movements. Tara can bury him and take his actions and/or give him fast. I can't think of other master specific bonus' at the moment. 

I pay better can give him a "free" focus each turn. Scout the field can allow him to shoot once without LOS

I can't thibk of any tricks with Jake at the moment, I've not yet used him due to the lack of model, and only faced him a few times. 

Big Jake is useful in Strats where the number of bodies matter as he counts as 2. So for example he can get you Turf War on his own, or is two models for Recon. He also has Don't Mind Me which is useful for Headhunter as you can pick up heads while in engagement.

Otherwise he's okay as a 5ss Enforcer with a 6 Ml attack.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2016 at 5:41 PM, SuperFly TNT said:

Big Jake is useful in Strats where the number of bodies matter as he counts as 2. So for example he can get you Turf War on his own, or is two models for Recon. He also has Don't Mind Me which is useful for Headhunter as you can pick up heads while in engagement.

Otherwise he's okay as a 5ss Enforcer with a 6 Ml attack.

Big Jake is actually a named Minion - so no upgrades for him. Lucius is delighted, though.