Levi toys or another master?

Jafar

Hello fellow mercenaries

After Levi errata, I think I am ready to add non-outcast toys for Levi. It won't be so brutal now

But also I don't have all masters in Outcast family. So issue occurred. Is it better to buy other master for outcasts? It will add some new models for everyone in my collection and another master to play. Or maybe it's better to get some toys for Levi? It's not so easy to make choice. New master brings some models for everyone and whole another way to play. But toys for Levi will allow me to focus on one master, that should have :+fate impact on my tournament results.

Also what models would you add for Levi? I don't want to buy master boxes, so mostly models like Hunter, Madame Sybelle, Joss, Howard etc. are not an option

I thought about:

Bone:
- Doxy
- Rogue Necromancy
- Resser Rider
- Yin
- Belle
- Necropunk
-

With that I can make some "Horror/ WP attacking" crews and add pushes from Belles and Doxy

Iron:
- Mech Rider
- something to summon for mech rider
- SS miner
- Ryle
- Necropunk
- maybe some effigy
With that I have some nice armored crews and another summoning option

The reason I decided to focus on Levi almost exclusively (still I have Jack with me because I simple love this guy) is because of his hiring pool. Thanks to this big choice I can compose and test his crew in different shapes and forms. Of course your other masters will suffer some :-fate consequences of this choice (not to mention your poor wallet).

As for Bone/Iron Levi - I think both options are powerful and different in use.

Iron Levi is focused more on beat-stick and hold the ground (aka tanky) style however scheme running is not lacking here as well.  I found Bone to be more control style play - Lure and push is great tool to set up a victim for Levi's/Rusty's/Lazarus' gun. Generally Bone Levi IMO has more synergy with native Outcasts models than Iron Levi.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mutter said:

What masters do you have and which ones are you thinking of buying?

Have JD, VS, Levi and many outcast models (Johan, Sue, Lazarus, Hannah, Hans, effigy etc. )

Want to add Tara or Viks, Tara brings playstyle i like (had games against her), Viks brings another killy master and good models for everyone (ronin / Taelor).
Not sure how Parker box will look like, but there is also option I will take him.

When it comes to undead I have only Hanged (for Jack), also will buy Jakuma sooner or later (now I proxy her during friendly games).

For myself, I ask the question, "am I going to play Outcasts, or Leveticus?" If I'm playing Outcasts then there is a fair amount of crossover with Resurrectionists. Jack, Tara, Leveticus, Hamelin, Nix all allow Outcasts to draw from the Resurrectionist pool to a greater or lesser degree. Iron Leveticus allows you to draw constructs from Arcanists, Guild, Resurrectionists, Neverborn, and Ten Thunders, but they're of little to no use to the rest of your Masters.

For me Bone Leveticus fits in with the models I have for the rest of my Masters.

In your position I'd continue grabbing Masters until I have all seven (although that's me, I like all of them) maybe throw in the Crossroads Seven as well (eight... eight crews... I love to count hahahaha) if they're your cup of tea. They're good with Jack Daw. I've made a point of getting all the master specific out of faction models I can and fitting them in my gaming bag, except for Leveticus of course, but through the Pariah of Bone upgrade he can still use a fair chunk of them. The only model that's specifically his is the Valedictorian (just have to paint most of them by August 28).

18 minutes ago, Freman said:

For myself, I ask the question, "am I going to play Outcasts, or Leveticus?" If I'm playing Outcasts then there is a fair amount of crossover with Resurrectionists. Jack, Tara, Leveticus, Hamelin, Nix all allow Outcasts to draw from the Resurrectionist pool to a greater or lesser degree. Iron Leveticus allows you to draw constructs from Arcanists, Guild, Resurrectionists, Neverborn, and Ten Thunders, but they're of little to no use to the rest of your Masters.

For me Bone Leveticus fits in with the models I have for the rest of my Masters.

In your position I'd continue grabbing Masters until I have all seven (although that's me, I like all of them) maybe throw in the Crossroads Seven as well (eight... eight crews... I love to count hahahaha) if they're your cup of tea. They're good with Jack Daw. I've made a point of getting all the master specific out of faction models I can and fitting them in my gaming bag, except for Leveticus of course, but through the Pariah of Bone upgrade he can still use a fair chunk of them. The only model that's specifically his is the Valedictorian (just have to paint most of them by August 28).

Don't want to grab all masters. Don't have time to play them all :(I liked Levi and JD mechanic so got them. I think I have time for third master (Have VS but I don' play him)
This question is great!
"am I going to play Outcasts, or Leveticus?"

Also my question may be solved after 4th book. Maybe other models will help to make decision

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jafar said:

After Levi errata, I think I am ready to add non-outcast toys for Levi. It won't be so brutal now

Why?

I recently take Levi and Ashes and Dust (i hope i haven't made a mistake)

by chance, levi with other outcast's minion it is not more competitive?

Furthermore, i don't understand synergies in Iron Levi crew..

what would be a good iron list?

10 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Why?

I recently take Levi and Ashes and Dust (i hope i haven't made a mistake)

by chance, levi with other outcast's minion it is not more competitive?

Furthermore, i don't understand synergies in Iron Levi crew..

what would be a good iron list?

Levi is still great as pure Outcast :)

But in some cases you can improve your play, example Headhunter,

Take 2 x Rotten Belle, Yin.
Belles lure enemy model to you, kill it with Levi, pick head (mostly there is no enemy model who can run half table and pick up head)
Yin act as scheme runner that is hard  to remove (Horror test and :-fate to attack flips).
You can bring heavy horror duels / WP attack crew to outcasts, when nobody supsects it ;) Or heavy armored crew, also when no one prepared for that.

It allows you to take models that exactly fits your need, more examples:
- don't like Ronin, take SS miner against Arcanists
- prefer scheme runner with leap, take NecroPunk
- want Lure, take Belle

For Iron Levi, I think Mech Rider + summoning is great combo, it helps in schemes where number of models counts (Outcast may have problems with some summoners in those).

Edit:
Also check this blog: http://fiftyshadesofleviandjack.blogspot.ie/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Thank you Jafar, yes i had seen Daniello_s blog and i like it very much! very helpfull.

Can i ask you what it allows to summoning? (perhaps from ash upgrade)

Mech Rider has 0 AP action Ca: 6 / TN: 12 :tome:tome that summons arcanist 4 ss minion . Than summoned minion suffers 2 dmg.  So from Turn 2 you can easily summon a minion each turn.

3 minutes ago, Jafar said:

Mech Rider has 0 AP action Ca: 6 / TN: 12 :tome:tome that summons arcanist 4 ss minion . Than summoned minion suffers 2 dmg.  So from Turn 2 you can easily summon a minion each turn.

Recently I'm using Mech Rider for summoning scheme runners like Steam Arachnids, but I want to expand my crew with few Metal Gamins in case if I face some enemy heavy Construct crew.

So far I'm not sold to idea of summoning Fire and Ice Gamins but I need to read their cards more carefully before I finally decide if I don't want hem at all in my crew.

i've only got the transmortis zombies, necropunks, howard langston and ryle from outside the faction, but they seem to work pretty well. I'd rather stick to the cyborg zombie theme rather than get every possible model under the sun, but Levi (and Tara, and Jack) are slowly pushing me into Ressers anyway...

Today i played first game with this list:

levi 1 ss cache

+ pariah of bone

+ to the earth return

+ desolate soul

rusty alyce

+ from the aether

ashes & dust

2 hollow waifs

the hanged

bete noire

crooligan

vs rasputina's crew (full frozen heart models)

maybe i wrong something, and sure i didn't play very well but at the end i win and i have found this crew very difficult to use, but wonderful (really powerful)

next time i would like to try same list but with iron pariah, lazarus and teddy

• Like 1