Mccabe and killjoy

tadaka

Slightly OT, but ...

9 hours ago, InvokeChaos said:

It feels like my theoryfaux jurogumo bomb with misaki and yamaziko that I've been wanting to try in mccabe.

I have used the 'Three Jorogumo' with Yamaziko, but I felt that with McCabe it was a bit redundant. I'd love to hear any experiences with Misaki. We even have a thread about it:

I keep feeling that, somewhere out there, there is an amazing 10T/Killjoy list. There should be, because Killjoy with Recalled Training is serious brown trousers time. The issue is finding a reliable and cheap delivery method. So much in 10T is expensive with out sacrifice mechanics... 

Although maybe we shouldn't look for this: look what happened to the rats!

If I absolutely had to play Killjoy in TT, I might go with something like this:

Ten Thunders
50ss Crew

Lucas McCabe -- 7ss
 +Badge Of Speed - 2ss
 +Promises - 1ss
 +Glowing Saber - 2ss

Luna - 4ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Killjoy - 13ss
 +Recalled Training - 1ss

There's still 15ss left over that can be used to include your favourite minions or whatever. If your opponent doesn't have a lot of shooting, he will be quite hesitant to kill your hounds, and even then you can kill one of them yourself.

Hm. @Myyrä that's a good start. First addition would be a katanaka sniper. Go late in the turn to execute a hound (either two shots for min damage, or one focused shot, cheating down to get severe/moderate + crit strike).

Need another beater to follow Killjoy in.

How about this:

50 SS Ten Thunders Crew
McCabe + 4 Pool
 - Badge Of Speed (2)
 - Elixir Of Life (2)
 - Promises (1)
Luna (4)
Killjoy (13)
 - Recalled Training (1)
Jorogumo (9)
Katanaka Sniper (7)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

It doesn't have the activation control of a Ratjoy list, but here's the premise: activate everything except the sniper and the sacrificial hound. McCabe puts black flash on the sacrificial hound and gives the badge of speed to the jorogumo. Luna moves ahead of sacrificial doggy. 3rd last activation: move sac dog into Luna's aura. 2nd last activation: move sac dog into opponents face and preferably within 14" of Sniper. Last activation: if you've got the cards, focus shoot sac dog to guarantee 4 damage, otherwise 2 unfocused shots with the dog relenting. Last activation +1: Killjoy does what Killjoy does.

Turn 2, Killjoy activates first, dropping RT. Dropping it here will give more benefit than a turn 1 drop. Jorogumo should be in position to follow closely in. McCabe then starts reactivating Jorogumo and handing out upgrades as required. Opponent has two devastating and self-healing monsters the they must deal with... Which eventually they will, but remaining 2 hounds and Luna should easily be able to complete schemes without too much harassment until then.

Just a thought.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

I keep feeling that, somewhere out there, there is an amazing 10T/Killjoy list. There should be, because Killjoy with Recalled Training is serious brown trousers time. The issue is finding a reliable and cheap delivery method. So much in 10T is expensive with out sacrifice mechanics... 

Although maybe we shouldn't look for this: look what happened to the rats!

If you're hunting for a nice killjoy list, my first model to reach for would be one that you're planning on throwing away: the Lone Swordsman.

He reactivates to kill himself (if you don't kill your target which you can intentionally do), he's a priority target for your opponent because if left unchecked he's monstrous, and did I mention he's an utterly destructive singular force? Hurl him into your opponent and reactivate, then laugh at the sophie's choice:

1) let him reactivate and possibly kill more; intentionally sacrificing himself to bring out killjoy

2) waste resources putting him down... to bring out killjoy

11 hours ago, Mutter said:

Slightly OT, but ...

I have used the 'Three Jorogumo' with Yamaziko, but I felt that with McCabe it was a bit redundant. I'd love to hear any experiences with Misaki. We even have a thread about it:

I will be doing lots of joro shenanigans when I get back from work in september (sigh) so I will be sure to post my experiences!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tried myself on a Houndjoy list 3 times this week: against Gremlins (Brewmaster), against Neverborn (Titania) and against 10T (Shenlong).

To be honest, Killjoy was always nice, but in fact most of the time the Missile Hound was what annoyed my opponent most. My list was:

McCabe (Badge of Speed, Strangemetal Shirt)

Luna

Killjoy (Recalled Training)

Shadow Emissary (Conflux of Exploration, Glowing Sabre for free)

Jorogumo

3 Guild Hounds

Against the Gremlins, I black jokered the Sabrer toss to the Hound, but he charged the jorogumo with his rooster rider. In return the Jorogumo killed the rooster rider an then pushed and charged Wesley (he got the Shirt from McCabe). The Hound Charged and killed Burt Jebsen and did 2 Damage on a Moon Shinobi. It took until turn 3 that Killjoy made the field. But at that time, he only had Brewmaster, 1 Moon Shinobi and Lenny left, everything else had been killed, with the Hound being my only loss. We ended the game end of turn 3.

Against the Neverborn the Hound charged into Tooth (or Thorn?) but she pushed away with a marker. So I charged in again, but same thing again. Titania finished the Hound, popping Killjoy and giving 3 Points for frame for murder. My opponent failed to concentrate on Killjoy, thus he could heal up quite easy. McCabe killed Titana, Killjoy killed Tooth (or Thorn?), the Emissary killed claw (using his double focus for max damage as he had only 4 HP left). In the end, the game was close and if my opponent had concentrated more on Killjoy, he might have put him down, which would have turned the game quite a bit. On the oterh hand, my charge with the Houd was badly executed, catching me in more than one Melee zone.

The shortest game was against the 10T. I missiled my fast Hound against the Dawn Serpent and put him down after reactivating. I had 1 AP left, so I nimbled over to Shenlong and slapped him a little. He attacked back and would have missed, but I cheated in an ace and he gave me 3 damage. He realized what I was up to, so he used the wandering river style to push the Hound away (on the second attempt). Next round I got Initiative, the Hound charged an Obsidian Oni, killed him in one go and, thanks to the explosion, popped Killjoy (and Frame for murder). High River Monk slapped Killjoy a little, who in return onehitted him (he had suffered from the Oni explosion) and chain killed a peasant. When my Jorogumo moved out and killed the other High River Monk, we called it a game, as he had only Shenlong, Sensei Yu and one Obsidian Oni left.

I must say, the Missile Hound is more than brutal. It takes a little setup, but I can't see how to stop this from happening. If I was a little bit more careful, I wouldn't loose the upgrades all the time, but even with that, it was always more than worth it for me. Killjoy is the icing on the cake for this, as the opponent really starts to think if it's a good idea to kill that poor little doggy :D

• 3 weeks later...