Give me a Rundown on Pandora (and Lynch as Neverborn)

TanakoSkyler22

26 minutes ago, Patzer said:

Neverborn got heaps of WP attacks. It puts opponents on negatives on those. Sweep in on something, preferably later in turns and make it suffer. The options are endless. Paralyze a master with a Sorrow, kill one with Pandora, make the Widow Weaver even scarier than it is. The Poltergeist is also a exaggerated threat. Opponents will gun for it since it got potential to screw things over, thus it is a perfect lurker who can lure the opponent to over extend.

I should give it a try! 

• Like 1

He has casting expert. It's at a lower CA, but use her close range attack and the opponent is at negatives, so it should connect 

Edit: not expert. Forget the name. Where he can use her attacks

Edited by Four_N_Six
Incorrect name

To me the Poltergeist exists for two reasons; the THREAT and as an alternate scheme runner.  Personally I have never been big on taking it an prefer the Primordial magic myself.

The Poltergeist is the sort of model your opponent is just going to remove from the board given half a chance because they all know that it can make things that attack Wp rough.  So they are going to look to removing it as early as possible.  The fact is the game has plenty of cast attack actions so Incorporeal is nice but don't expect it to save the totem, not to mention its Defense is average so anything that is serious, like masters, will tend to hit it if they want to.  Still this is not to say that this will not play into your favor.  In a game some time back I had to use Mei Feng to remove the Poltergeist as it was my only available cast action with a decent score.  It let Pandora get the drop on Mei Feng afterwards, even though I survived I was forced to take it on the chin and use soulstones.  And should your opponent ever let you wail on someone with the Poltergeist nearby it will earn their ire.  That said don't be surprise if your opponent spends SS on Henchmen and Masters to get Positive flips to cancel it out on important Wp duels *like Sorrow's Paralyze Spell*.

The other big thing is an alternate scheme runner.  Neverborn have some pretty nice scheme runners in terms of speed but not the most enduring.  So often we have two for back up.  The Poltergeist can let you save SS having it both be a Threatening target for your opponent or it can use its Incorporeal and high walk to rush for runner objectives.  The Poltergeist and a terror tot is 9ss where the Primordial magic plus two terror tots is 10ss.  So you can sort of double up without necessarily actually doubling up.

Personally I think it comes down to what people want from their totem slot.  I like the Magic as it is a cheap activation, I get Rush of Magic, a mobile scheme marker if I need it.  I value that more highly then what the Poltergeist gives me for 5ss but that may well be preferred playstyle.

I think if the poltigiest was a minion that anyone could hire, rather than a totem, it would see quite a lot of play time. Its about the right durability for a 5ss model, and it has the potential to be a huge threat on the board, so it has a target painted on it from the very start. Its biggest problem is the Primordial magic is so good, even now its a lot less good than it used to be (due to the new schemes), its still hard to justify the poltigiest when you are turnign down the Magic. 

And they are refering to Magical extension, allowing it to cast spells from Pandora

20 hours ago, Patzer said:

Neverborn got heaps of WP attacks. It puts opponents on negatives on those. Sweep in on something, preferably later in turns and make it suffer. The options are endless. Paralyze a master with a Sorrow, kill one with Pandora, make the Widow Weaver even scarier than it is. The Poltergeist is also a exaggerated threat. Opponents will gun for it since it got potential to screw things over, thus it is a perfect lurker who can lure the opponent to over extend.

Not going to lie, now I'm kinda excited to try a poltergeist out! 

When Barb makes it into my list, it's so that he can challenge while near Pandora and the poltergeist. It's a WP duel, which means poltergeist gives them negatives, which gives the poltergeist some good protection. Plus they risk misery damage trying to ignore Barb 

41 minutes ago, Four_N_Six said:

When Barb makes it into my list, it's so that he can challenge while near Pandora and the poltergeist. It's a WP duel, which means poltergeist gives them negatives, which gives the poltergeist some good protection. Plus they risk misery damage trying to ignore Barb 

That's exactly how I was thinking of running him.

Maybe in a setup like that, a Teddy/baby kade duo isn't needed?

I prefer to run Pandora in melee doing damage.  Paralyzing is fine, but I was ruined on the build.  She was my first master, so for a long time my friend and I just played against each other, each of us only owning 1 crew.  His just happened to be Rasputina, so a paralyze build wasn't an option for me.  Once he branched out and I had the opportunity, I was too in love with just Misery ticking the damage down.

I like Kade with Depression, some people don't.  If you don't want to run Kade/Teddy, I'd replace Kade with the Emissary.  That's another Misery, or Terrifying, or Don't Mind Me.  Very versatile, and if you're running melee Pandora, having him drop his hazardous terrain can make sure you funnel those models either into the terrain damage, or Misery.

I prefer to run Pandora in melee doing damage.  Paralyzing is fine, but I was ruined on the build.  She was my first master, so for a long time my friend and I just played against each other, each of us only owning 1 crew.  His just happened to be Rasputina, so a paralyze build wasn't an option for me.  Once he branched out and I had the opportunity, I was too in love with just Misery ticking the damage down.

I like Kade with Depression, some people don't.  If you don't want to run Kade/Teddy, I'd replace Kade with the Emissary.  That's another Misery, or Terrifying, or Don't Mind Me.  Very versatile, and if you're running melee Pandora, having him drop his hazardous terrain can make sure you funnel those models either into the terrain damage, or Misery.