Jorogumo: recent experience

Skitt_Happens

16 hours ago, Mutter said:

I asked the question about that, because I found conflicting information on preorder pages, too, and got this as an answer:

Is that what was said on the forums? I saw that too, but the fact that Wyrd aren't showing it off concerns me. I suspect that this is what they want to do, but there may be production issues. I'll believe it when this picture appears on the "Upcoming" page on the website, or I have the box in my hand.

Well, seen as the release is in less than a month, I think they would have been produced aeons ago, so I'll assume for now that that picture of the renders is correct. But yeah, can't be sure ...

*edit: Had another game with the 'Three Jorogumo' today - McCabe, Emissary, Luna and a hound against Leveticus, Ryle, Librarian, Trapper, 2 aboms and 2 flesh constructs.

Strategy was head hunter, which isn't too bad for this list, but the schemes would have really called for more scheme runners instead of the face-beating approach. But I wanted to try the list further, and stuck to it. In the end I won 7:6, mainly 'only' 7 because I read 'Leave your mark' wrong ... :D

Picking up heads proved fairly easy, producing them wasn't all that difficult either. But Leveticus made it difficult for Luna and the hound to do their thing, so I was a bit camped in that department. In hindsight, maybe the Yamaziko list would have been better - just drop Yamaziko in the backfield and drop markers there. Ah well ...

But I enjoyed playing the list again tremendously, and my opponent was a bit stunned by their killing power. Dropped Ryle fairly easy in one go, but unfortunately, Leveticus won Initiative three times while standing in front of me! Otherwise my itsy-bitsy spiders would have feasted on him, too.

5 hours ago, Mutter said:

Picking up heads proved fairly easy, producing them wasn't all that difficult either. But Leveticus made it difficult for Luna and the hound to do their thing, so I was a bit camped in that department. In hindsight, maybe the Yamaziko list would have been better - just drop Yamaziko in the backfield and drop markers there. Ah well ...

You can't do this with her, the upgrade only gives -Minions- with the 'Last Blossom' characteristic the ability to Shadow Stride. Although Yama can still run schemes pretty well imo.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2016 at 7:14 PM, Mutter said:

I know what you mean, but going outside without Woke Up? O.o

That'd REALLY feel like going outside naked ... :D

What do you know, I'm an exhibitionist. Going naked and shooting stuff with your Holdout Pistol is good enough.
Wait, the image I just created...

The pistol is not about the damage, but the triggers. You can always find use for 4/5/6 damage, or Slow, or discard, or Brilliance on a stick. Sometimes it is worth stoning for the trigger, too (I've mostly run Lynch with cache 1ss only though). The one-two punch of Play for Blood and Final Debt is very neat, but if it gets messed up it's quite nerve-wracking. When I've taken Final Debt I've always made sure to take a Beckoner to Lure whatever I need to kill over, as well as Wanna See a Trick. Costly, but potentially able to delete two solid models. Not sure if this would fit in a list with Jorogumo though, might have to try it out once I get them.

• 2 weeks later...

I was proxying Sparks and Porkchop with Mei Feng a couple weeks ago and thought 'why the heck not?' and threw this guy in.  Second turn, charged him in to the Hoffball with fast, +1 armor, :+fate:+fate to attack and :+fate damage.  He ate a Peacekeeper like it was made of pulled pork.  It died a turn later, but still totally worth it.

• Like 1

I had my second proxy game as Misaki last night. Incredibly bad luck cost me the game, but Jorogumo was the STAR of my crew. Hard to wound, hard to kill followed by eat your fill made him able to take a lot of punishment and wander the earth allowed him to get good charge lanes despite lots of walls existing in the terrain that might have made it hard.